• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

For More Than Glory

Arkhandus

First Post
Oruzanthanax's Hoard

Here's the treasure found in the hoard of the green dragon Oruzanthanax, and on the corpses of the kobold casters and warriors that the party slaughtered in and around his lair. Fleck noticed that the dragon didn't keep much of an artistic nature in his hoard, mostly just coins, gems, and weapons and armor taken as trophies from the dragon's victims. Amongst the hoard were a few skeletal remains, and a bloodstained stone altar to Naeron. As with before, the general kobold clothing, rations, and such are ignored as essentially valueless and probably disgusting in the case of the rations. The tunnels have some niches filled with mining and tunneling supplies, and there looked to be at least one deep mine shaft amongst the kobold warrens. There are a few old carts here and there, but mostly made for moving along the mine shafts and such. It is likely that any loot taken would have been carried by the dragon or the giant stag beetles used by the kobolds. Still, there are two small mining carts with good wheels that should be suitable for carrying out some of the loot in. Each cart is big enough to fit a kobold curled up within maybe, so likely to hold 1-1/2 or so cubic feet of loot. Later I'll post whatever auras or the like folks would find through Detect Magic. Here's the relevant treasure:

18 vials of bubbly red fluid, likely the same as the Cure Serious Wounds potions found previously
a short stick of rotted wood, tipped with a small, smoky quartz
2 scrolls with Draconic writing
a flask marked with a label in Draconic runes
a well-made, sturdy-looking rope 60 feet long
a full spellbook with numerous spells and notes written in Draconic
2 spell component pouches
a gold disk on a chain, with a vaguely-etched image of a dragon
a plain brown-cloth bag

a wide white belt of silk
a purely ornamental medium suit of banded mail
a small mithral breastplate stylized with scale etchings and claw patterns, adorned with gold trim
10 small breastplates
4 medium suits of scalemail
2 medium suits of splintmail
a small suit of masterwork chainmail

10 small heavy steel shields
3 medium heavy steel shields
a small tower shield
2 small light wooden shields

an adamantine scimitar with elaborate gold inlay, embedded gems, and fine Suryanastan designs
10 small warhammers
10 small shortbows
12 medium longswords
3 small battleaxes
a purely ornamental small halberd
small cudgel etched with a stream of Draconic runes wound about its length
small repeating light crossbow

153 small arrows
20 small cold iron arrows
20 small adamantine arrows
20 small silver arrows
20 small bolts
28 small bolts with odd fletching and thin linework engraved upon the shafts

104 rock crystals
24 tourmaline gems
119 malachite stones
16 onyx stones
30 agate gemstones
22 green jade fragments
7 smoky topaz gems
11 pink pearls
4 electrum bars of 1 pound each

83 platinum coins
3,518 gold coins
1,720 silver coins
12,547 copper coins

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
BTW, something I forgot initially on the list is two spell component pouches, one from the kobold cleric and one from the kobold mage. I'll add them to the above list now.

Of the treasure listed above, the following items will detect as magical to Fleck's enchanted gem or a Detect Magic spell:

18 vials of bubbly red fluid, likely the same as the Cure Serious Wounds potions found previously (moderate conjuration)
a short stick of rotted wood, tipped with a small, smoky quartz (faint necromancy)
2 scrolls with Draconic writing (1 is moderate conjuration, the other is moderate evocation)
a flask marked with a label in Draconic runes (moderate divination)
a well-made, sturdy-looking rope 60 feet long (faint transmutation)
a gold disk on a chain, with a vaguely-etched image of a dragon (moderate transmutation)
a plain brown-cloth bag (moderate conjuration)
a wide white belt of silk (moderate transmutation)
a small mithral breastplate stylized with scale etchings and claw patterns, adorned with gold trim (moderate abjuration)
small cudgel etched with a stream of Draconic runes wound about its length (moderate evocation)
20 small cold iron arrows (faint evocation)
20 small adamantine arrows (faint evocation)
20 small silver arrows (faint evocation)
28 small bolts with odd fletching and thin linework engraved upon the shafts (moderate evocation)

The odd crossbow bolts, engraved cudgel, spellbook, and evocation scroll were taken off the corpse of the kobold mage earlier, while the decorated magic breastplate and the conjuration scroll were taken from the unconscious kobold cleric earlier. Examination of the scrolls indicates that the evocation scroll is probably arcane, the conjuration scroll probably divine.

During his watch, Fleck paged through the kobold mage's spellbook a bit and found it mostly to be written in Draconic, with a few scribbled notes in other languages. Much of it looked to be spells, but there were also several pages of mundane Draconic notes in the front and back of the tome.

firehorse

First Post
Valdir eyes most of the treasure with mild interest. Noticing the arrows are too small for his bow, he turns his gaze to the mithril breastplate. Picking it up and feeling his weight, he comments, "Well, this may be just the thing in case I'm going to continue this bad habit of getting in the middle of these frays." Taking off his studded leather armor, Valdir dons the breastplate, nodding in satisfaction as the armor's magical properties cause it to expand to fit his larger-than-kobold frame.

Turning to Fleck, "Well, what do you think? Any idea what magical properties it has?"

Memnus

First Post
"Mm. Abjur... er, protection magic. Could be a lot of things, but given the motif, I'd guess acid protection of one degree or another."

He pokes around some of the other stuff, declaring the red potions to be cure potions, and casting a quick read magic to identify the scrolls. He also pages through the kobold wizard's spellbook, occasionally nodding, then finally stashing it away for later. "Now if this is what I imagine..." He looks at the plain bag, holding it up to shine light into it, trying to see how deep it really is, "We won't have as much trouble getting this stuff out as we would otherwise." To test his theory, he takes the kobold cleric's staff and pushes it into the bag as deep as it will go.

Arkhandus

First Post
The kobold wizard's cudgel fits easily enough into the bag, though logically it shouldn't. When Fleck picks up the bag to do this, also, the bag weighs significantly more than such an empty sack should. Definitely something about it's enchantment. Fleck's examination of the scrolls and spellbook reveal them to be/have the following.

Scroll of Cure Critical Wounds (moderate conjuration)
Scroll of Fireball (moderate evocation)
Spellbook with numerous spells and notes written in draconic (an extra thick tome; 131 pages of spells, and looks like it has around 40-odd pages of draconic notes, with only six blank pages near the end; includes resistance, acid splash, detect poison, detect magic, read magic, daze, dancing lights, flare, light, ray of frost, ghost sound, disrupt undead, touch of fatigue, mage hand, mending, message, open/close, arcane mark, prestidigitation; alarm, endure elements, protection from evil, protection from good, shield, mage armor, unseen servant, identify, magic missile, shocking grasp, ray of enfeeblement, animate rope, erase, expeditious retreat, feather fall, jump, magic weapon; ghoul touch, blur, scorching ray, invisibility, resist energy, knock, spider climb, see invisibility; dispel magic, lightning bolt, hold person, vampiric touch, tongues, fireball, stinking cloud, greater magic weapon, keen edge; summon monster IV, stone shape, shout, dimension door, scrying, charm monster; summon monster V, transmute rock to mud, transmute mud to rock, secret chest, and mind fog)

Fleck can't read the draconic notes as of yet, not quite familiar enough with the language.

((Edit, quick note: Since you won't be able to show up this week Memnus, now's probably the best chance to roleplay through whatever you'd want Fleck to do around the dragon's lair and such.))

Last edited:

Zildrax

First Post
Zerash dusts his robes off off in the morning upon awakening after having prayed for his spells the night prior. He gives a frusterated sigh as he looks over the crowd which slew his captors, lifting his clawed hand up to his forehead and closing his eyes for a moment. He seems displeased, although it is not directed at anyone in particular. Opening his eyes, he speaks in a calm and controlled manner, with a hint of nobility to those who might be able to recognize such tones amongst lizardmen.

"It would seem I am in an awkward predicament. I had been working with Oruzanthanax in trade for information I desired, which regrettably he did not have. He decieved me as long as he could, and then intended to send me to the maw of my own Lord. Your timely intervention may have saved my life. However I am now without a destination, as I have no further leads on the quarry I seek. I am at a loss as to what to do next."

He pauses a moment, and then speaks up again, slightly less morbid sounding. "Well, the least I can do to my saviors is to translate the draconic documents and runes. It is my native language. Although I cannot guarantee they will make much sense."

If any seem to take him up on the offer, Zerash happily translates all of the draconic runes to the best of his ability. When finished, he offers healing to any who desire it.

Memnus

First Post
Fleck waves off the healing, not quite comfortable enough with this stranger to let himself be touched, despite the new slashes in his clothing that weren't there the night before. "We're going west, at least as far as the capitol. Where we go from there depends on whether we find what we're looking for, and what you seek may show itself in the process. If there was anything left in the dragon's lair, he makes his way to the wall under the entrance, and touches it with a spell, molding a narrow set of stairs up to the top. He then turns back to Zerash.

"With your help, actually, if you're willing to give it, I'd like to learn your language. It seems particularly rich, and I imagine the kobolds weren't doing it justice." He then goes to the two mining carts and inspects them, rolling them back and forth a bit, testing their wheels. They won't be that robust, but at least they'll roll. "If we fill that bag and still can't fit everything, I can probably use these to roll a second cart, that Elfenhaus can pull."

firehorse

First Post
As Valdir accepts the lizardman's offer for healing, he replies to Fleck, "Sure, Elfenhaus can do that."

He also nods in satisfaction at Fleck's summation of the armor's abilities and decides to test the theory. Taking one of the acid vials from before, he uncorks it and dabbles a couple of drops on the breastplate. ((+? Mithril Breastplate of Acid Resistance?))

After the test, Valdir turns away from the treasure for now to check on their prisoner. Finding him gone, he turns to the rest of the party. "He's gone! Rolf, see if you can see where he went. I'm not comfortable with the idea of that cleric on the loose."

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads