D&D General Forge of Foes from Mike Shea, Teos Abadia, and Scott F. Gray!

darjr

I crit!
I’m a huge fan of these three, FYI!

I’m partnering with @Alphastream and @scottfgray to bring you Forge of Foes, a book of tools and guides to build, customize, and run fantastic monsters in your 5e fantasy #dnd games! Coming to Kickstarter 1 March!

Link
Mike is a huge fan of A5E Level Up Monstrous Menagerie and Kobold Press and I hope to be able to use this with both systems.

E011C437-64FE-453A-A242-AC8FC9967B67.png

Last edited:

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
I would love to see something like this as a web app that has the ability to both add randomized elements to monsters, and to scale them to any CR. Or at least a range of CRs. I want to be able to pick a monster, selected a CR, and generate 5 off them with unique names plus a few random variations (i.e. weapons carried, spell selections, etc.).

Even better if I can pick a system other than 5e and generate a stat bloc for that system. (Tricky with special abilities that have text descriptions, I know.)

Alas.

I will probably still buy the book.

Alphastream

Adventurer
I would love to see something like this as a web app that has the ability to both add randomized elements to monsters, and to scale them to any CR. Or at least a range of CRs. I want to be able to pick a monster, selected a CR, and generate 5 off them with unique names plus a few random variations (i.e. weapons carried, spell selections, etc.).

Even better if I can pick a system other than 5e and generate a stat bloc for that system. (Tricky with special abilities that have text descriptions, I know.)

Alas.

I will probably still buy the book.
Much appreciated! As you will see when the page goes live, we do have some easy drop-in features. We don't have a software angle, but there is a future project that could be added if this does well that may help in similar fashion. (Sorry, I can't spill the beans yet! Details soon!)

Remove ads