D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

the_eaps

Villager
The tool is great! Thanks so much for making it! I'm trying out v1.13 on iOS Excel. I do get a warning that the file has macros that will not run or must be connected to the internet to work. I've checked and the file seems to work correctly after I pass the warning. Considering I plan on using my iPad at Adventure's League, it has all the details I need at my fingertips. This is a super tool.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
The tool is great! Thanks so much for making it! I'm trying out v1.13 on iOS Excel. I do get a warning that the file has macros that will not run or must be connected to the internet to work. I've checked and the file seems to work correctly after I pass the warning. Considering I plan on using my iPad at Adventure's League, it has all the details I need at my fingertips. This is a super tool.

Awesome that it works!

I played around with Excel for iPad last week, though didn't download the character generator, and seems to function very well with touch.

I get the same warning on the Preview Version for Excel (running on Windows 10) that this version doesn't support macros and whether I want to purchase office 365 (which I have). Clicking "skip/ignore" the file works very well. The preview version of Excel also function extremely well for touch - on a Surface Pro 3 the worksheets fit nicely on the screen.

It's fantastic that the touch versions of Excel are free to use

Thanks for the great feedback

Last edited:

brainz80

First Post
Noticed that on on latest (v. 1.15) shortbow attack bonus and damage show as '#VALUE!'. Also thanks for adding Tieflings Hellish Rebuke to the spell-list, though now it's added as a level 1 spell. Players handbook dictates "[...] Once you reach 3rd level, you can cast the hellish rebuke spell once per day as a 2nd-level spell.". Also would be nice if the 'spell ability bonus' and such would be calculated. Tieflings cast using their charisma bonus.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Noticed that on on latest (v. 1.15) shortbow attack bonus and damage show as '#VALUE!'. Also thanks for adding Tieflings Hellish Rebuke to the spell-list, though now it's added as a level 1 spell. Players handbook dictates "[...] Once you reach 3rd level, you can cast the hellish rebuke spell once per day as a 2nd-level spell.". Also would be nice if the 'spell ability bonus' and such would be calculated. Tieflings cast using their charisma bonus.

Thanks for the feedback, issue found with shortbow and corrected for V1.16. A workaround is putting a 0 in the ammunition bonus (though the ammunition is then ammunition+0)

For Hellish Rebuke, I will keep as a 1st level spell (though a Tiefling casts it as a 2nd level spell - 3d10 fire damage) as it affects game mechanics implemented in the tool (a Warlock can cast the spell at level 1 or any higher level for example). I'm thinking to add the spell details in the Race details

I will look at adding the spell ability calc to the Race or Subrace details instead of just (Cha) for example (Is this what you mean?)

Warunsun

First Post
Love this sheet. Thanks for your work. The apostrophe in the language "Thieves’ Cant" should be after the s. I would love to see a Race Override entry just for purposes of printing on the character sheet. For example, for my DragonLance character I could select "Elf, Wood" for his legal statistics but then enter "Kagonesti Elf" for display purposes. I am also using your sheet for NPCs and weird ones such as Oceanus the Aquatic Elf come up. :) I gave him High Elf stats but would love if it printed "Aquatic Elf" on there. Anyway, thanks again!

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Love this sheet. Thanks for your work. The apostrophe in the language "Thieves’ Cant" should be after the s. I would love to see a Race Override entry just for purposes of printing on the character sheet. For example, for my DragonLance character I could select "Elf, Wood" for his legal statistics but then enter "Kagonesti Elf" for display purposes. I am also using your sheet for NPCs and weird ones such as Oceanus the Aquatic Elf come up. :) I gave him High Elf stats but would love if it printed "Aquatic Elf" on there. Anyway, thanks again!

Thanks for the feedback, corrected Thieves' cant and added option to RENAME (not OVERRIDE) Race, Subrace and Background in V1.17

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Example of Custom Background (Sage) - Though this is exactly the same as the original Sage, for demo purposes only.
[There is an issue currently in V1.17 with the Specialty not referenced correctly]

BackgroundCustom.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads