• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Eric Hergert

First Post
Possible bug in 2.28 beta. Creating a hexblade warlock, and found giving him the Arcana skill was resulting in the wrong amount. (used Int 10, proficient in Arcana, resulting in a +4 when it should have been a +2).

Also, I saw the proficiency issue with martial weapons was already mentioned. Is there an intended method to use Cha as the attack modifier instead of Str/Dex?

Ash PoiBoyBlue

First Post
Bug located!

Hey all!
I'm a new user and I absolutely love this generator!
I ended up using it for a friend's campaign and put together everyone's character on it.

Anyway, this seems like a pretty big bug and I've tried it out over version 2.26, 2.27 and 2.28.
When populating the character, after choosing race and class, every race and class combo populates information under the "Character Details" section on the right, except for the Rogue, which no matter what changes I make just say "#N/A."

To try to replicate the issue, if you wish to, I am trying to populate a Tabaxi Rogue with the Assassin subtype. Criminal background, fence.

UPDATE:
I have now also messed with the options to the right, checked and unchecked Race, Background, Class, Feats and All Details. The following changes occur:
If I deselect Class, all of the other options suddenly do pop up.
Race, Background, Feats and All Details populate normally.
However when I select Class as a rogue (and only as a Rogue), it vanishes for "#N/A"

Solution:
I didn't realize this was only fully compatible with Excel and had been using Kingsoft Spreadsheets. It does maintain most functionality, but there were quite a few small bugs like this, that were specific to one little part or another.

Last edited:

Márk Havasi

First Post
2.28 Beta Selecting the Elemental Adept feat in any feat slot in the '5. Ability score improvement and feats' field on the 'Start' sheet will incorrectly bring up the details of the Drow High Magic feat in both the 'Character details' field on the 'Start' sheet and the 'Race, background, class & feats' field on the 'Character Sheet IV' sheet.

Márk Havasi

First Post
2.28 Beta. The arcana skill proficiency seems to add the proficiency bonus twice when selected. Without any expertise. When selecting expertise for arcana, the figure doesn't change.

Last edited:

greymist

Lurker Extraordinaire
Updated MacOS to High Sierra and updated Office to 16.9 and it appears the image issue is resolved! Well, at least based on me opening the workbook three times since the updates and all being as it should!

Dannyboy7702

First Post
Will you add critical roles blood hunter? Because dnd beyond added to their app.

Forged has stated in the past that he will not be adding anything that isn't official material that has been published (i.e. guides, manuals, handbooks, supplements or adventures) by WotC. So, to answer your question no the Blood Hunter class will not be added. Even though it was added to the D&D Beyond website, it still isn't official material published by WotC.

Dannyboy7702

First Post
Hey all!
I'm a new user and I absolutely love this generator!
I ended up using it for a friend's campaign and put together everyone's character on it.

Anyway, this seems like a pretty big bug and I've tried it out over version 2.26, 2.27 and 2.28.
When populating the character, after choosing race and class, every race and class combo populates information under the "Character Details" section on the right, except for the Rogue, which no matter what changes I make just say "#N/A."

To try to replicate the issue, if you wish to, I am trying to populate a Tabaxi Rogue with the Assassin subtype. Criminal background, fence.

UPDATE:
I have now also messed with the options to the right, checked and unchecked Race, Background, Class, Feats and All Details. The following changes occur:
If I deselect Class, all of the other options suddenly do pop up.
Race, Background, Feats and All Details populate normally.
However when I select Class as a rogue (and only as a Rogue), it vanishes for "#N/A"

Okay, I just created a Tabaxi Rogue Assassin with the Criminal Background (fence) in v2.26 & v2.27 (v2.28 is still being built so there will be issues with it). I cannot duplicate your issue. I am going to make a leap and tell you that this is operator error. If this error occurred in v2.26 or v2.27, it would have been discovered already. If you want a second pair of eyes to look at this CS, send me a DM and we can exchange emails and you can send me a copy of your v2.27 cs.

Remove ads