• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Volo's guide says "Between 7 and 8 feet tall and weigh between 240 and 300 pounds" which doesn't leave a precise formula. While I think the new inputs don't add up, I'm going to hold off on changing this until I see a source that dictates the actual calculation. If you have a source, please provide.

I wish I had an actual source. The original calculation from 2.27 was close. I might use Height: 6' 8" +2d8 which gives a range of 6' 10" - 8' 2" (VGtM +/- 2") and Weight: 237 +2d8×1d4 range of 239-301 (VGtM +/- 1 lb.)

Last edited:

dunstvangeet

Explorer
Volo's guide says "Between 7 and 8 feet tall and weigh between 240 and 300 pounds" which doesn't leave a precise formula. While I think the new inputs don't add up, I'm going to hold off on changing this until I see a source that dictates the actual calculation. If you have a source, please provide.
The official random calculation for Volo's Guide to Monsters is found on page 120. (Firbolg is 6'2"+2d12 & 175x2d6). The only one that doesn't have an official random calculation is the Tortle.

mully

First Post
wrightc214, I am unable to send PM because I am under 5 posts, could you pm me with info on how to support the project via donations or to get the latest downloads.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads