D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

javasmith

First Post
Latest version?

I currently have version 2.27. If I remember correctly, I think there was one more version after that...a beta maybe? If there is a later version, I would be very much obliged id someone would PM it to me. Thank you.

Conandar

Explorer
v2.27 is the latest stable version. v2.28b8 contains the XGtE materials, but is definitely still in beta and will probably stay that way since the WotC/D&DB attack dogs have been let loose.

Conandar

Explorer
v2.27 is the latest stable version. v2.28b8 contains the XGtE materials, but is definitely still in beta and will probably stay that way since the WotC/D&DB attack dogs have been let loose. Too bad there is nothing for GGR, and from what I can see there is material there that would require some rework to be supported properly.

jmsharp3

First Post
I must be missing something.. please help

Hi, I must be doing something wrong, as the sheet does not seem to include the proficiency bonus in te attacks, skills or saves? Can someone tell me what I am missing. I am sure it is easy and right in front of me.
Thanks,

I have tried to upload some screen shots.... let me know if this works. If not, can you send me an email address or some other way to correspond?

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    236.2 KB · Views: 449
  • Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    209.7 KB · Views: 402
  • Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    142.2 KB · Views: 431
  • Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    228.7 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:

Conandar

Explorer
Hi, I must be doing something wrong, as the sheet does not seem to include the proficiency bonus in te attacks, skills or saves? Can someone tell me what I am missing. I am sure it is easy and right in front of me.
Thanks,

It might help if you would include screenshots of the Start and CSI pages. My guess, though, is that you didn't fill out something on the Start page, but I can't be more help without more details.
What version of the generator are you using? v2.27 is the latest stable version, and v2.28 BETA 8 is the latest beta version.
Are you using any overrides? Try get rid of any overrides you may have used, and see if that helps.
Are you using anything on the Custom page? If so, screenshots of that might help there, too. On the beta version, I find that using any but the first (left-most) has problems.

I truly wish I were the wiz with Excel that ForgedAnvil is, but I am not.

Conandar

Explorer
Proficience Dice is a number that changes in the course of a game session, instead of a fixed value, so it can not be included in the listed values. If you did not mean to use that alternate method of proficiency, toggle the option off at the top of the Start page. I can not see enough of the Start page to have an idea why the Hit Points is not working. Ammunition is normally Arrows or Bolts, not a number, but I do not know if that may cause problems.

jmsharp3

First Post
I'm am sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. It is the proficiency bonus this is not working. That is the number applied to all rolls you are proficient with. For example, as a level 15 character his proficiency bonus should be +5. Because he is a fighter that +5 should apply to strength, constitution based skills and save, plus weapon attacks that he is proficient with. Looking at the screen shot, you can see it is not applied to the Str or Con saves/skills and in the 3rd screen shot (I know its tough to read) it isn't applied to the weapon attacks (sword +3 with 20 str (+5) should be +8 THEN the proficiency bonus should make the total +13. Hope that makes sense what I am asking about. Any chance you can throw me an email address or way to communicate quicker? I really appreciate the help. Thanks for even looking in to it.

Remove ads