D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

MadmanMike83

Explorer
Making a Bard 3/Rogue 3 I noticed the following:

Jack of All Trades looks like its rounding up.

Expertise from multiples classes is not currently supported.

Spellcasting looks a bit weird.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Making a Bard 3/Rogue 3 I noticed the following:

Jack of All Trades looks like its rounding up.

Expertise from multiples classes is not currently supported.

Spellcasting looks a bit weird.

Thanks for the feedback, issues found and fixing for 1.08 BETA.

For spellcasting, what looks a bit weird? Details are helpful for resolving issues.

MadmanMike83

Explorer
RE: Spellcasting

I think it's another multiclass issue. The Bard 3/Rogue 3 has me selecting 5 cantrips when it should be 2.

Also the sample Wizard has a lot of spells. Wizards learn spells naturally at a rate 6 +2/level. An 8th level Wizard has a minimum of 20 spells. Presuming a Wizard adds only the highest level spells they have access to when they gain a level (the most cost effective approach to spellcasting, particularly for wizards who can't drop old spells when they learn new ones) that should break down to 8 @ 1st, 4 @ 2nd, 4 @ 3rd, 4 @ 4th.

The sample wizard has 32 (an additional 3 @ 1st, 4 @ 2nd, 3 @ 3rd, and 2 @ 4th above the maximum possible). Since it costs 50 gp/level and 2 hours/level to add other spells by my math the sample wizard has spent 1,400 GP on spells and 56 hours copying new spells to his spell book.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
RE: Spellcasting

I think it's another multiclass issue. The Bard 3/Rogue 3 has me selecting 5 cantrips when it should be 2.

Also the sample Wizard has a lot of spells. Wizards learn spells naturally at a rate 6 +2/level. An 8th level Wizard has a minimum of 20 spells. Presuming a Wizard adds only the highest level spells they have access to when they gain a level (the most cost effective approach to spellcasting, particularly for wizards who can't drop old spells when they learn new ones) that should break down to 8 @ 1st, 4 @ 2nd, 4 @ 3rd, 4 @ 4th.

The sample wizard has 32 (an additional 3 @ 1st, 4 @ 2nd, 3 @ 3rd, and 2 @ 4th above the maximum possible). Since it costs 50 gp/level and 2 hours/level to add other spells by my math the sample wizard has spent 1,400 GP on spells and 56 hours copying new spells to his spell book.

Issue found with Rogue (Arcane Trickster) and Fighter (Eldritch Knight), fixed in 1.08 BETA

For the spells for Wizard, I don't see an issue. Each Subclass has a "savant" feature that allows half the time and cost for spells from their school. Is there a maximum number of known spells for a Wizard?

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
johnsolo said:
Awesome tool, thanks for all the hard work.

The Warlock in the beta 1.08 version doesn't have the right spells lists for Cantrips, Spells, etc. (missing True Strike and others) there seem to be some spells there too that aren't even in the player's handbook (like Frostbite). Also it doesn't add spells from the Patron to the lists or number of spells known.

Like the previous comment, I too noticed that Feats don't translate to opening up skills, abilities, spells, etc. but really that is the last thing that needs attention, but would be nice (like Magic Initiate, Spell Sniper, etc.)

Thanks for the feedback.

The spell list contains all spell from the PHB and the Elemental Evil Player's Companion (free download)

On the Spellcasting sheet: for class spells you can select from the dropdown list (e.g. True Strike should appear in the Cantrips dropdown list for the Warlock class). For spells not in your class list, you must type the name of the spell in the cell.

For the feats implementation, I'm looking into it.

dragon3y3

First Post
Looks great. Took it to my first Adventure league and worked perfectly. Only problem I have encountered so far is that I have not figured out how to enter the class for "magic initiate" feat so I can enter cantrips and spell for that class.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Looks great. Took it to my first Adventure league and worked perfectly. Only problem I have encountered so far is that I have not figured out how to enter the class for "magic initiate" feat so I can enter cantrips and spell for that class.

Thanks for the feedback, currently Magic Initiate enables two additional cantrips to be selected on the Spellcasting sheet. You can type the cantrip name into the cell if it is not in your class list. This is also true for any level of spell that is not in your class list.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases