D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

TwistedFaith

Explorer
For Race spells (and some class and feat spells) these are listed on Character Sheet II as per the level the character will cast that spell. Character Sheet III (Spell list) will show the spell at its base level and if the spell can be cast at a higher level you will see a ᴴ to represent this (e.g. Magic Missile ᴴ). Refer to the spell details in the PHB for what the higher level spell does.

Character Sheet IV is displaying correctly on my PC. It should look like below when printed or viewed at 100% zoom in Excel.

Ok I noticed that I had Character Sheet IV @ 80% zoom so that's what the problem was on my end for that. As for the other the spell I see your point but it would be nice that if you have your spells prepared at higher levels they would have the correct info for the level ie Hellish Rebuke gets a d10 added to damage per spell slot higher then 1st.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Ok I noticed that I had Character Sheet IV @ 80% zoom so that's what the problem was on my end for that. As for the other the spell I see your point but it would be nice that if you have your spells prepared at higher levels they would have the correct info for the level ie Hellish Rebuke gets a d10 added to damage per spell slot higher then 1st.

If a spell is prepared or known and it has a "At Higher Levels" option and the character has spell slots available "At Higher Levels " then the spell can be cast at any level above the base level of the spell - having this flexibility is awesome. From a spell mechanics point of view, a character prepares or knows the spell at it's base level, then decide to cast it "At Higher Levels" if the character has spell slots available at the time of casting.

Having a spell prepared/known "At Higher Levels " is a technical challenge, though possible with a lot of work. For now there will be no change to the current layout and functionality

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Version 1.43 Released

- Added Warhorse, Riding Horse to Familiar / Animal Companion list
- Minor changes to Character Sheet III layout and fonts
- Various bug fixes, spelling corrections and improvements

prangel

Villager
I love your work!
One thing, is there the possibility that you will add options for the druid wild shape like a shape selection and sheet for easier access?
Thanks

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I love your work!
One thing, is there the possibility that you will add options for the druid wild shape like a shape selection and sheet for easier access?
Thanks

Hi prangel, is the animal companion section good enough? I can add some basic Druid Wild Shape options there however there are quite a few I suspect! What ones specifically would you like added?

eriksalt

First Post
Is the pdf in the downloads section something that can get generated from the excel (by pushing a button or hotkey or similar) or is it just an example pdf or something? I have not used it at all and am wondering if I am missing something?

TwistedFaith

Explorer
Is the pdf in the downloads section something that can get generated from the excel (by pushing a button or hotkey or similar) or is it just an example pdf or something? I have not used it at all and am wondering if I am missing something?

The PDF in ForgedAnvil Downloads I believe is just a sample of what it will look like when exported to PDF. There are others peoples Downloads that are PDF that can be generated from within themselves.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer

The PDF was a user request. It is generated from the Excel file by selecting Character Sheet I-V (deleting the Character Portrait image on Character Sheet IV) then printing to the default Windows PDF printer (or other PDF printers like Adobe). I believe the user wanted a blank PDF for printing to paper and perhaps for users who don't have Excel

Magistus71

Explorer
Using LibreOffice there is an issue that the option can not be disabled, you can enable an option but not disable any, including an option that you enable.

Also how do I choose the subrace?

Last edited:

Remove ads