• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I followed your advice and was able to make the necessary changes. I ran into an issue with the Tools section though. As I was inputting the info I ran into an issue with the tools section. Even though I have selected the Tinker's Tools for the subclass, when you go to the Start page and look at the tools section you can clearly see that even though it says the subclass grants the use of Tinker's Tools. The number in the parenthesis is still zero.

Danny
See Attachment

Hmmm, I've tested custom subclass 1 with tools and it works okay (though I did find some issues with subclass 2 & 3 text details still pointing to subclass 1). In the custom tab under subclasses have you entered the level and number of tools?

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
For Subcasses in the Custom Tab is there a way to add an option to select two skills to apply the Expertise bonus? Also, is there a way to add a new Tool Kit (Disguise Kit) into the Expertise selections?

Thanks for the feedback

Expertise is a Rogue and Bard base class feature (customized base class is not supported), as a rogue or bard you get expertise and can select 2 skills. You can select any option in the dropdown lists as per the players handbook. Only Rogues can select thieves' tools for expertise. It is possible to type Disguise Kit for example and it will show this in the details section - it does not however show the proficiency for that.

skoorb

First Post
You'll need to transfer from 1.53 to 1.60 then 1.60 to 1.64

Ok, that worked perfectly. Kind of an annoying work around though. :(

*Edit: Thank you for this sheet by the way. It's incredibly useful as I'm not good with keeping track of evreything with a pencil and paper. This sheet has helped me immensely.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Ok, that worked perfectly. Kind of an annoying work around though. :(

*Edit: Thank you for this sheet by the way. It's incredibly useful as I'm not good with keeping track of evreything with a pencil and paper. This sheet has helped me immensely.

There were significant changes to the character sheet from pre 1.57, and enough to make a decision to cut anything pre 1.57 to make the transfer tool easier to update (1.53 is pretty old). With v2.00 there will be another significant change to the entire character sheet - currently in transition and a lot of work to go so it won't be soon but just a heads up

Mark Small

Villager
Found two errors tonight. The first one is one of those *tiny* little typo errors of minor importance. Paladin's Turn the Unholy (Sacred Oath Feature): On at failed saving throw....

The other was when I leveled up to 5th level, I didn't get my extra attack. Let me know if you need more details to reproduce this problem.

As always, greatly appreciate your work.

Edited, because I don't like multiple posts
Would it be possible to make "Common" the default first language? I mean, who doesn't speak Common? You could still leave the dropdown menu in place if someone doesn't.

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Found two errors tonight. The first one is one of those *tiny* little typo errors of minor importance. Paladin's Turn the Unholy (Sacred Oath Feature): On at failed saving throw....

The other was when I leveled up to 5th level, I didn't get my extra attack. Let me know if you need more details to reproduce this problem.

As always, greatly appreciate your work.

Edited, because I don't like multiple posts
Would it be possible to make "Common" the default first language? I mean, who doesn't speak Common? You could still leave the dropdown menu in place if someone doesn't.

Hi Mark, nice pick up on the "at", for the extra attack I can't replicate the error with a 5th level paladin. If you're multiclass then you need to have 5 levels of Paladin to gain this feature.

Setting up common as the default language is a good idea, I'll implement this for the next version

Mark Small

Villager
Found the error on my part. Added the exp to get to 5th level, added the extra HP die roll, forgot to select "paladin" as the next level advancement. /facepalm.

skoorb

First Post
Found a small bug while creating my new 3rd Level Warlock this morning. I have chosen the Warlock Invocation Devil's Sight. Just to be sure it would read as having 120 ft. Darkvision now, I set the Vision Override to Darkvision 120ft but it does not update/read that way on any other pages under the character description/summary. This is on Version 1.64.

*I may also be missinterpreting the Devil's Sight invocation, but the summery pages should still update with the override.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Found a small bug while creating my new 3rd Level Warlock this morning. I have chosen the Warlock Invocation Devil's Sight. Just to be sure it would read as having 120 ft. Darkvision now, I set the Vision Override to Darkvision 120ft but it does not update/read that way on any other pages under the character description/summary. This is on Version 1.64.

*I may also be missinterpreting the Devil's Sight invocation, but the summery pages should still update with the override.

Thanks for the feedback, this is certainly a bug - introduced in v1.64 I believe (due to architecture redesign). I've fixed these issues in v1.65

asagar

First Post
Trying to work with custom worksheets.
I had found the complete list of spells as named variable (like SpellListAll1stLevel), but not the actual spell list of the character.
I could not find the named variables to the spells that the character has in his spell book.
The list for cantrips, then for each level that I can see in the first column of CSIII.
I can access the spell names directly in the "spell casting" tab, like cells AQ29 to AQ53, for 1st level spells, but not as a named variable.
I am also hoping that such access to CSIII spells with named variables, will allow me with the same index number, to access the other CSIII parameters of that spell, like range, duration and details.

I had also could not find the named variable for the list of equipment that the character actually has. I can access the list directly in CSII B14:B134, but not as a list of named variable with their matching quantity and weight.

Remove ads