• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

SansMoins

Explorer
Thanks for the information. How does the LibreOffice bug show up when using the spreadsheet? I may try LibreOffice's daily builds to see if the bug has been fixed.

No need to run the daily builds. Just keep checking the status of the bug. Good news is that they seem to be actively working on it now. Bad news is it may still take some time.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Thanks. I also noticed that if you are setting this up for a new character, the automation for the Log doesn't work right with zero XP. It doesn't populate the xp field.

Fixed in next build, if a formula is used and the value is "" then use "0" as the starting value to determine if XP has been entered in or not (the cell will still show as blank until XP has been entered on the Adventurers Log)

SansMoins

Explorer
Fixed in next build, if a formula is used and the value is "" then use "0" as the starting value to determine if XP has been entered in or not (the cell will still show as blank until XP has been entered on the Adventurers Log)

For the time being, I just entered 0.25 into the log.

What is the purpose of the total and subtotal? Everything I do displays the same info in both of them.

mboni

Explorer
What is the purpose of the total and subtotal? Everything I do displays the same info in both of them.
Looks like those are for filtering. If you filter the log data using the drowdown in each column header, perhaps selecting a single DM or Adventure, the Subtotal shows just sum of the displayed values, while the total shows the sum of everything on the sheet (hidden or visible).

InsanityRocks

First Post
I just found this tool and it looks great! Thanks for sharing it. However, I'm not sure if I found a bug or not. While trying to figure out how to use it, I started entering a Ranger Build I'm using with a group of friends. The Ranger is 3rd level, and for its Archetype (Hunter) feature (Hunter's Prey) it has Horde Breaker. From the description my Ranger gets an extra attack:

"Once on each of your turns when you make a weapon attack, you can make another attack with the same weapon against a different creature that is within 5 feet of the original target and within range of your weapon."

Should that show up on the character sheet as an extra attack?

UPDATE: I'm was using version 1.64

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I just found this tool and it looks great! Thanks for sharing it. However, I'm not sure if I found a bug or not. While trying to figure out how to use it, I started entering a Ranger Build I'm using with a group of friends. The Ranger is 3rd level, and for its Archetype (Hunter) feature (Hunter's Prey) it has Horde Breaker. From the description my Ranger gets an extra attack:

"Once on each of your turns when you make a weapon attack, you can make another attack with the same weapon against a different creature that is within 5 feet of the original target and within range of your weapon."

Should that show up on the character sheet as an extra attack?

UPDATE: I'm was using version 1.64

Recommend to use v2.00. The Horde Breaker feature is not considered an "extra attack" but one that is circumstantial.

Remove ads