D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Is there a place where I can add items such as bracers of archery and the +2 bonus is added to the weapons bonus on the character sheet?

Or will I just have to add the +2 manually in the weapon slot?

I know on sheet 2 there is a place for attuned items, and it can recognize that its a UA or VG item, but why can't it just input the bonuses to the printed sheet?

Conandar

Explorer
The generator does not directly support any magic items, so although you can add them via Sheet 2, there are additional steps to take for most items. The author actively avoided the use of macros when creating this generator (for compatibility reasons), so any of the more complex magic items will probably require additional steps with the generator.
For the Bracers of Archery you can add the proficiencies with Longbow and Shortbow in the appropriate override area (assuming you are not already proficient already with either of those weapons), and the +2 to damage might be handled by overriding the damage of the weapon with ="1d8+"&DEXMod+2 (for Longbow) or ="1d6+"&DEXMod+2 (for Shortbow).

phoffman

Explorer
does anyone know how well the latest beta heroforge runs on office 2019 or 2016?

It will run in those versions.

PS I noticed a bug for Lore bards that choose a cantrip with their level 6 magical secrets, Spellcasting is improperly showing the number of spells level one and higher known.

Code:
The following change corrects the number of Known spells (other than cantrips) displayed.
If you choose a cantrip with your Level 6 Lore Bard class feature then your level 1 and
higher spells known do not increase respectively.

AMG10 =IF(BardLoreLevel>=6,2,0)-SUM(ANO17:ANO18)

In addition the following cells should = 0 (remove existing formula in these cells)
This is because choosing cantrips with your magical secrets at level 10, 14, and 18 do not increase the number of cantrips known.

ANO90, ANO91 , ANO92 , ANO93 , ANO94 , ANO95

Last edited:

Conandar

Explorer
v2.28 BETA 8 bug
Elven Accuracy is properly limited to the Elf and Half-elf races, but the SCAG versions of half elves such as the Half-Drow Elf are not included.

phoffman

Explorer
v2.28 BETA 8 bug
Elven Accuracy is properly limited to the Elf and Half-elf races, but the SCAG versions of half elves such as the Half-Drow Elf are not included.

This bug is also seen for the Feat Prodigy.

Code:
The changes to these cells correct the bug where the feats Elven Accuracy and Prodigy were not correctly added for half-elven races.

BOT32 =IF(OR(RaceBase="Elf",RaceBase="Half-Elf",RaceBase="Half-Aquatic Elf",RaceBase="Half-Drow Elf",RaceBase="Half-Moon Elf",RaceBase="Half-Sun Elf",RaceBase="Half-Wood Elf"),1,"")

BOT57 =IF(OR(RaceBase="Half-Elf",RaceBase="Half-Aquatic Elf",RaceBase="Half-Drow Elf",RaceBase="Half-Moon Elf",RaceBase="Half-Sun Elf",RaceBase="Half-Wood Elf",RaceBase="Half-Orc",RaceBase="Human"),1,"")

Also made a correction to my earlier post for Pact Weapon to prevent "pact weapon" from appearing on all weapons. See, Post 7837814.

Last edited:

Hazimil

Villager
New to this character generator, and getting back into D&D, however i have noticed that for the Aasimar race, the racial ability of Healing Hands does not appear on the character sheet (I have put it in manually for now) - or have I missed it somehow?

I also note that Oath of Conquest (Xanathar's Guide to Everything, pg 40) is not available as an option, nor are the Paladin spells from that book. Is the data from this book not in the spreadsheet? (just found it in v2.28 BETA)

Thanks.

Haz!

Last edited:

phoffman

Explorer
noticed that for the Aasimar race, the racial ability of Healing Hands does not appear on the character sheet (I have put it in manually for now) - or have I missed it somehow?

Thanks for the information. This incorrectly does not show on the first page of the character sheet, in the current version.

Hazimil

Villager
Hi, I found another possible issue. When a Paladin gets to level 2, you select a fighting style. If you select Dueling, it doesn't seem to add in the +2 damage to the weapon stats on Char Sheet 1. (in v2.27 and v2.28BETA8)

This could be due to not knowing if using one weapon or not, but perhaps you could check to see if shield is worn and if so weapon use is one-handed - might work?

Thanks for the great tool.

Haz!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases