D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Conandar

Explorer
I wish there were still work being done on this generator, but I have seen no signs of activity for months now. The latest beta has a few glaring bugs present, including a bug in the Custom page that renders it unusable for custom subclasses (the features area starts at level 0 instead of 1-3).

pshadow

First Post
I use Libre Office rather that MSOffice. When I go to load the file I get the following error "The data could not be loaded completely because the maximum number of columns per sheet was exceeded." The limit is 1024 columns. Is there really >1024 columns in one of hte sheets or is this a conversion error between the excel format and the Libre Office format. I have not come across this before when converting files.

taj1994

Villager
I use Libre Office rather that MSOffice. When I go to load the file I get the following error "The data could not be loaded completely because the maximum number of columns per sheet was exceeded." The limit is 1024 columns. Is there really >1024 columns in one of hte sheets or is this a conversion error between the excel format and the Libre Office format. I have not come across this before when converting files.
I had the same issue with all the free options. They either didn't open it properly, or couldn't open it at all. I ended up just moving to Excel. Much less of a headache to get things like this working

wilcoxon

Explorer
I just had a look. It depends on how Libre is doing the conversion. No sheet has more than 1024 columns used but one tab has out to column XFD resized. If Libre is treating resized columns as in-use to translate, that's what is blowing it up.

Edit: Oops. Forgot to check for hidden sheets.

Last edited:

Conandar

Explorer

Magic Item column is currently down to 1115. Excel is the supported spreadsheet program, anything else is unsupported. I know the MSO programs can get kind of pricey, which is why I am still using the 2010 version, which I got dirt cheap while attending classes at my community college.
edit: used v3.00b10
edit: also checked v2.28b8v0.84. The reason the column is so large is largely because magic armor and weapons can apply to many different kinds of armor or weapons, and each one is a separate entry.

Last edited:

phoffman

Explorer
What ever the version I don't think it works well when converted to open office.
Yes there is a hidden worksheet that has over 1024 columns.

wilcoxon

Explorer
The best way to get Excel is via Home & Student version of Office. It is usually $80-150 depending on year/version and includes Word, Excel, and something else (that I never use). There's no reason to upgrade every version (or even every other) - personally I went XP (2002), 2007, 2010 (forgot I had 2007), and recently 2019.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases