D&D General Forgotten Realms/Greyhawk Interactive Map online

Greggy C

Hero
So I have an interactive map of Faerun, Greyhawk, Dragon lance etc.
You drag the map around, scroll to zoom in and zoom out.

world map of Toril
map of Faerun
(the rest)

The question is, would it be cool to add linked content to it (without overcrowding).
I think having a little flag that points to a module on dmsguild might be neat, though its not how I search for modules personally.

There could be a little flag with a hyperlink to the FR wiki or some other resource e.g.
1641739941985.png

Maybe there could be a link to related novels, but that might just be too many.

I considered perhaps you could pick a timeline and it would show markers of everything that happened before that date?

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Count_Zero

Adventurer
I wouldn't mind having markers for some of the official modules, if not fan-made ones, just so GMs have a bit of an idea how close, or how far apart, the various adventures are, so they can put some thought into adventure selections based on where they're basing their campaign.

Last edited:

Greggy C

Hero
So what I ended up doing, which I think is pretty cool, is listing Faerun modules in a table that you can filter by PC level, edition etc and then it has a link that takes you do the big interactive map, and zooms in to that spot.

TSR Modules mapping to world map

its going to take a few weeks to enter all the modules, as I only have so much free time, but its going to be pretty cool when done. I might even make $1 or $2 on affiliate links this year.

Last edited:

Greggy C

Hero
As I map out the Matzica modules, I'm thinking that is a rather unfortunately designed continent, and doing some research Ed thought that too.

Perhaps we need a Candlekeep task force to redesign the continents that are too close to world history. I suspect WOTC will ignore the problem for the next decade. We should clean it up while Ed is still around.

Remove ads