D&D General [Forgotten Realms] SCAG Errata removes Wall of the Faithless

Libertad

Hero
I don't know if it's been discussed here already, but I couldn't find a topic on what is likely a big chance in Faerûnian cosmology.

Here's the link.

[NEW] The Afterlife (p. 20). In the second paragraph, the sentence begining “The truly false and faithless ...” has been deleted.

A bit surprised that this decision has been relegated to a single line in Errata rather than a more significant announcement, but given this is likely an aspect of the Realms that isn't as immediately relevant in the average gaming session it isn't ranked as important.

But in the overall setting and cosmology, this is rather big. Personally speaking I view this as an improvement; the Wall's existence has been a sore point of contention when discussing how "good" the Good-aligned deities are in this regard.

Scribe

Legend
In the interest of 'nothing pre 5e is canon' errata removal essentially deletes it going forward.

It doesn't matter anymore, will never be referenced again, and has essentially been stealth retconned.

Why? Up to you. ;)

I think it's prep for 2023 when the current Drizzt trilogy is going to be over (I suspect Drizzt is going to destroy the wall in the trilogy redeeming souls), paving the way for a Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting Guide in 2023, which will explain the changes to none Drizzt fans, just in time to synergies with a $100,000,000 dollar block buster Forgotten Realms movie, the full release of BG3 the actually AAA Forgotten Realms game and possible the greatest FR game ever made. Plus there might be a Forgotten Realms: Modern Horizons in 2023.

2023 is going to be the year of the Forgotten Realms, everything is building up to it. They want FR to be the beginning of an Avengers/X-Men/Spiderman style multimedia frachise, and getting rid of the wall that could be off putting to new fans is part of that push.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
This is one of those things I'll be keeping if I run an FR game. Normally it doesn't really affect anything in game anyway.

Remove ads