Formatting issue in Chrome

delericho

Legend
I thought this was just me, but...

In another thread, Retreater wrote:

First off, I am very impressed with the 5e Player's Handbook
and I think the Monster Manual is quite good too. The DMG was a
little hit or miss for me, as it didn't live up to the promises of the...

To which Morrus replied:

Just a quick formatting note. You're hitting return/enter every 10-12 words or so for some reason. The forum has its own word wrap ability. You don't need to do that - you just end up with that weird column of words which is really tough to parse. You can trust the forum to wrap text for you. Just hit return when you want a new paragraph. It's a WYSIWYG editor - What You See Is What You You Get.

And then Retreater said:

I'm having an awful time that my text is being obscured by the toolbar for the emoticons and that the text is going on beyond the pane of the text window. So the only way I can see what I'm writing when I start a new thread is to do the awkward line breaks. I'm having this problem in both IE and Chrome. Apologies. (It doesn't occur in my Quick Reply boxes, however.)

Thought I'd start a new thread on this because I get exactly the same problem when using Chrome (but not when using Firefox). I'd taken to composing in WordPad and then copying them across, but that's obviously not ideal. :)

Anyway, I appreciate that there might not be anything can be done about it, but I thought it was worth raising. :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Sadly, I'm not sure there is anything I can do about that - messing about with the layout code of vBulletin rather than changing a few settings is something I'm not at all qualified to do. I wonder if other sites using vBulletein 4 present the same problems for you?

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Ah, I've got this problem with Chrome and Opera, and have had ever since I started posting here.

The best workaround I have found is to zoom out to around 75% which then separates the text box and the emoticons. It's a pain having tiny text but it's preferable to a huge emoticon box obscuring a good chunk of your replies...

Kaodi

Hero
I am having this problem too in Opera, but I think it only started a few weeks ago, not since I have been using the browser. It can be avoided by using the quick reply box at the bottom, though if you want to start a new thread you are obliged to go advanced. I do PbP here, so I use the colour controls from advanced often as well. Nothing I can not live with, but it is does seem rather odd.

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
I have this problem, too, but I'm also having a different formatting issue with the site in Chrome, and it almost gave me a heart attack today:

sims-enworld.png

SIMS. ALWAYS WATCHING.

It's not generally this impressive or disruptive, but I felt I should share.

Remove ads