• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Forthcoming 4E settings?

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Aside from Wraith Recon which is a modern-sh setting, every fantasy setting listed here is an older setting "re-imagined" to be used with 4E.

We only did Broken Isles for Violet Dawn and never showed much of the setting at all. We decided not to keep anything canon and have been redesigning the setting from the ground up to take full advantage of 4e. I have a series of Design Diaries I'll be posting shortly which go into our design goals for Violet Dawn.

Khairn

First Post
We only did Broken Isles for Violet Dawn and never showed much of the setting at all. We decided not to keep anything canon and have been redesigning the setting from the ground up to take full advantage of 4e. I have a series of Design Diaries I'll be posting shortly which go into our design goals for Violet Dawn.

Thanks for the update Jeff. I was thinking of Broken Isles, and made the wrong assumptions. I stand corrected.

The latest edition alone wasn't able to keep my interest, which is why I was hoping to find a new setting to light a spark. After checking out your site, I think you may have a new convert. Violet Dawn does indeed look quite interesting. Keep up the good work.

defendi

Explorer
The Echoes of Heaven Campaign Setting, from Final Redoubt Press, is scheduled for 2009. I'll let you judge production values, but we get pretty darn good reviews on RPGNow and we intend to release hardcover with full-color interiors. finalredoubt.com

Khairn

First Post
The Echoes of Heaven Campaign Setting, from Final Redoubt Press, is scheduled for 2009. I'll let you judge production values, but we get pretty darn good reviews on RPGNow and we intend to release hardcover with full-color interiors. finalredoubt.com

I've played EoH (RM) and love it. Will you be doing a 4E specific version or will this be the system-less version (revision)?

defendi

Explorer
I've played EoH (RM) and love it. Will you be doing a 4E specific version or will this be the system-less version (revision)?

Echoes tries to stay rules light (except the adventures of course), so we'll probably stick to that as much as possible. That said, it would be a 4e version. I expect the appendix where MOST of the rules live to be about 30 pages, to handle Channel Divinity feats and maybe a paragon path and how to detect the Taint and the Spark without having to spend powers on it (and other stuff of course, but you get the picture). The adventure (The Throne of God), will be the most rules intensive section, of course.

Remove ads