Found - childhood

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
I was recently moving some things out of storage, and I found my old copy of the D&D Rules Cyclopedia. While flipping through it, an old character sheet fell out...I must have been like, gosh, 10 years old at the time:

Name: Promethius
Alignment: Lawful
Class/Level: Mystic 1
Str: 18
Int: 13
Wis: 14
Dex: 18
Con: 18
Cha: 18

HP: 2

I must not have understood the rules very well at that time, since there's no way a character with an 18 Con could only end up with 2 hit points. I don't remember ever playing this character...chances are he got smacked around by a goblin or something and lost both his hit points. Still, it's an interesting glimpse into my munchkin past. :)

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Cool!

Here's a scan of the first page of my longest running RPG character. Korbok was born OD&D way back when I was in the 6th grade (circa 1979). He made the conversion to 1st edition and then to 2nd edition. He hasn't seen any game play since I lived in Hawaii (circa 1990-1993).

I wouldn't kill to get to play Korbok again. But Korbok would. :)

korbok.jpg

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
MeepoTheMighty said:
I love the image of a dwarf sneaking around while carrying a short sword, dagger, sling, battle axe, spear, and short bow :)

You should see his entire equipment list. :)

Now, in all fairness to me, the first four weapons listed are a rod of lordly might. Of course, after I joined the U. S. Army and learned how to really pack a backpack, Korbok's equipment list grew to great length and great detail. Every item listed by location, weight, categorized by type of item, et cetera.

I remember spending between 15 to 30 minutes pregame deciding which items would get carried along, which ones would get farmed out to Korbok's henchmen, which ones would get left back at the castle, et cetera.

Great fun! :D

Welverin

First Post
MeepoTheMighty said:
Name: Promethius
Alignment: Lawful
Class/Level: Mystic 1
Str: 18
Int: 13
Wis: 14
Dex: 18
Con: 18
Cha: 18

HP: 2

I must not have understood the rules very well at that time, since there's no way a character with an 18 Con could only end up with 2 hit points. I don't remember ever playing this character...chances are he got smacked around by a goblin or something and lost both his hit points. Still, it's an interesting glimpse into my munchkin past. :)

Geex, you must not have been a very good munchkin, at least to start. TWO hit points, I mean really!

Meant to add that I still have my first character sheet, his stats weren't as good as yours though. Only one eighteen!

Last edited:

Morbidity

First Post
I don't have my first character, but I do remember she was elven, constructed when I was 9 had no idea about the game or rules and was merely acquiescing to my older brother's desperate need to play when his usual gaming buddies were on holidays. If I remember correctly he killed my character in about 5 minutes, tears ensued and thus ended my D&D connection for 14 years or so.

Remove ads