D&D General Founders and Legends plus GaryCon

darjr

I crit!
Ran Limithrons The Sinking of C’thagn using AD&D! It was a drop in game like Tower of Gygax. I wasn’t able to get everyone in the selphi unfortunately. Limithron makes Pirate Borg

IMG_9560.jpeg

Parmandur

Book-Friend
@darjr feels likely you already saw this but just in case, this sounds very interesting:

D&D 50th Anniversary Preview

Friday, March 22
12:00 p.m. – 12:50 p.m.
Grand Geneva Resort and Hotel, Swinghurst
The World's Greatest Roleplaying Game celebrates its 50th anniversary! Join our game designers—Chris Perkins, Justice Arman, Amanda Hamon, and Jason Tondro—with LaTia Jacquise as moderator as they reveal what’s in store for 2024 and the exciting future ahead!

Information from this panel will be available on D&D Beyond following the convention.

Quarex

Explorer
The problem with all the good gaming Cons is that they get too big. For me, Gen Con is that way, and Game Hole Con is getting there. I know a lot of people who go to Gary Con and it sounds like it's reaching capacity too.
I hope you went to Founders & Legends then! It felt an awful lot like my first time attending Gary Con (for III in 2011), seeming like every fourth or fifth person you saw was a former TSR employee or at the very least recognizable from the earliest days of roleplaying.

Pretty excited for Gary Con, too; I am sure Luke Gygax wants to keep it in Lake Geneva, but I do wonder if they will try to get creative about how to grow its attendance going forward or if this year's cap will just become the cap every year.

For that matter, I really hope Founders & Legends becomes a yearly precursor to Gary Con, even if I do not think that is the plan.

Remove ads