FR DM Screen.. is it worth it?

bleedthefreak

First Post
I was going to pick this up in a few hours, but it is 12 bucks and I only have 30 to my name, though I am currently a DM in a FR game, so it seems like a good idea, and I would *love* to have the random encounter tables, so just that alone would be nice, but how much different is the layout vs. the regular DM screen? Do you guys like it more/less? Just thought I would check (I should have posted this hours ago...)

ThomasBJJ

First Post
Well, it is 4 panels. Going from Left to right here's what's on it.
Panel 1:
Weapons (PHB and FRCS combined) Damage, critical, range increment.
Panel 2:
Fundamental Actions in Combat: Action, move yes/no, AoO yes/no
Attack Roll Modifiers:. (attacker on higher ground +1 melee, +0 ranged, etc.)
Partial Actions.
Cover:. 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, etc. examples, AC bonus, Reflex bonus.
Concealment: examples, Miss chance.
Panel 3:
Miscellaneous actions: Free Actions, Move Eqv, Standard, Full Round. AoO yes/no.
Armor: type, Max dex, Check penalty, Spell fail, speed. <no wt.>
The Roll of years: 1360 year of the Turret - to - 1380 year of the Blazing Hand <useless IMO, and I run FR>
Panel 4:
Size and AC of Objects: Colossal thru Fine, example, AC mod.
Substance Hardness & Hit points
Common Weapon & Shield Hardness and Hit points.
DC's to break or burst items.
Object Hardness & Hit points.
Terrain & overland movement in Faerun: Terrain type, Road, Trail, and trackless rates.
Turning Undead.
Calendar of Harptos.
Light Sources.

I like it. But no DM screen is going to please any DM 100%. The art work is just like the cover art from Magic of Faerun and Lords Of Darkness. The booklet of encounter charts is cool.

Crothian

First Post
I don't have but I don't see the need to buy another screen. Heck, I didn't seen a need to buy the first 3rd ed screen. I still like the planescape one, it has the coolest art of any screen I've ever seen. All I need a creen to do is block my rolls and notes. Nothing else is needed.

Remove ads