• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FR DM Screen.. is it worth it?

bleedthefreak

First Post
I was going to pick this up in a few hours, but it is 12 bucks and I only have 30 to my name, though I am currently a DM in a FR game, so it seems like a good idea, and I would *love* to have the random encounter tables, so just that alone would be nice, but how much different is the layout vs. the regular DM screen? Do you guys like it more/less? Just thought I would check (I should have posted this hours ago...)

ThomasBJJ

First Post
Well, it is 4 panels. Going from Left to right here's what's on it.
Panel 1:
Weapons (PHB and FRCS combined) Damage, critical, range increment.
Panel 2:
Fundamental Actions in Combat: Action, move yes/no, AoO yes/no
Attack Roll Modifiers:. (attacker on higher ground +1 melee, +0 ranged, etc.)
Partial Actions.
Cover:. 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, etc. examples, AC bonus, Reflex bonus.
Concealment: examples, Miss chance.
Panel 3:
Miscellaneous actions: Free Actions, Move Eqv, Standard, Full Round. AoO yes/no.
Armor: type, Max dex, Check penalty, Spell fail, speed. <no wt.>
The Roll of years: 1360 year of the Turret - to - 1380 year of the Blazing Hand <useless IMO, and I run FR>
Panel 4:
Size and AC of Objects: Colossal thru Fine, example, AC mod.
Substance Hardness & Hit points
Common Weapon & Shield Hardness and Hit points.
DC's to break or burst items.
Object Hardness & Hit points.
Terrain & overland movement in Faerun: Terrain type, Road, Trail, and trackless rates.
Turning Undead.
Calendar of Harptos.
Light Sources.

I like it. But no DM screen is going to please any DM 100%. The art work is just like the cover art from Magic of Faerun and Lords Of Darkness. The booklet of encounter charts is cool.

Crothian

First Post
I don't have but I don't see the need to buy another screen. Heck, I didn't seen a need to buy the first 3rd ed screen. I still like the planescape one, it has the coolest art of any screen I've ever seen. All I need a creen to do is block my rolls and notes. Nothing else is needed.

Remove ads