• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Frazetta is inspiring me!

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
JVisgaitis said:
Oh, and you can all be jealous of me. Frazetta's museum is approximately an hour and a half from my front door. I go there at least once a year because he always rotates his paintings. If you think his work is impressive, you haven't seen nothing till you see it in person. He's also a really nice guy.

You damn well better have room on your couch before you start shouting about living near such an awesome place!

JVisgaitis

Explorer
philreed said:
You damn well better have room on your couch before you start shouting about living near such an awesome place!

I have a spare futon in my guest bedroom/office. Your in Texas if memory serves, correct? Long haul, but if you ever make out this way, you have an open invitation. . .

Sir Elton

First Post
Patman21967 said:
Aww...c'mon guys....I'm here in Delaware...I'll host y'all for a weekend of good gaming....hahaha....Seriously, these sound like great ideas...Elton...keep me in mind when and if you do this. Our group has been gaming together with the same 4 people and a few others here and there for 20+ years....Would volunteer to playtest for you
Great! I'll keep that in mind.

Guys, I'm thinking of a Barsoomian, Frazetta Atlantis as the setting. We are probably going to have two versions of Atlantis: a Frazetta Atlantis and an Anime one. Who says I only have to do one version? :)

One is Atlantis as Plato envisioned it, another is a mixture of ERB, Frazetta, and mine own. OF course, GURPS Atlantis is always the best place to start, and I luckily have a copy. Although you can probably tell its my favorite gaming book. ;)

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Jeff, you keep that couch ready, you hear? Even longer haul from Vancouver, but if my wife hears about this, I may be compelled to bring her out that way.

My wife REALLY likes Frazetta's work. And can be very persuasive...

Warrior Poet

Explorer
JVisgaitis said:
Oh, and you can all be jealous of me. Frazetta's museum is approximately an hour and a half from my front door. I go there at least once a year because he always rotates his paintings. If you think his work is impressive, you haven't seen nothing till you see it in person. He's also a really nice guy.

You lucky, lucky son of a . . . :lol:

Joshua Dyal said:
I've read at least the first novel of that Death Dealer series. I remember thinking they were pretty forgettable, and since that's about the only thing I can remember, I guess they were. I'm still of half a mind to go search them down again, though.

Yeah, like I said, the writing isn't good, but it's just so over-the-top that, I don't know, it's great dumb fun. If you've read the first, you have, in a sense, read the others. I like to think of them as the textual equivalent of double fudge doughnuts: absolutely no redeeming nutritional value (except for a shot of Frazetta-art vitamins secreted in the recipe), but sometimes, you'd rather have a double fudge doughnut instead of spinach. In the course of a strong diet of literary health food, it's nice to indulge the dumb fun tastebuds on occasion.

barsoomcore said:
My wife REALLY likes Frazetta's work. And can be very persuasive...

Dude, do you wake up every morning and acknowledge to the universe just how lucky you are? Because if you don't, you should. ;) Great games, great players (some of them are wild airline stewardesses, fer cryin' out loud!), residence in a truly beautiful section of geography, outstanding writing ability, and a wife who appreciates Frazetta . . . .

Which ancient chosen-one hero child did you free from tyrranical hegemony in a past life? 'cause the down-the-line karma is paying you back big time. :lol:

Warrior Poet

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Warrior Poet said:
Which ancient chosen-one hero child did you free from tyrranical hegemony in a past life? 'cause the down-the-line karma is paying you back big time.
Just hard work and clean living, friend. :D

Yes, it is, as a two-disc setup even. Frazetta - Painting with Fire is the name of it, I believe.

I haven't seen it, but I stuck both discs on my Netflix queue just last night.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads