D&D 5E Free 60+ page Guide to Sword & Sorcery for 5E D&D

xoth.publishing

Swords against tentacles!
I've started a fun Roll20 Xoth campaign using Dragonbane rules (which descend from BRP/Runequest) and adapting the 5e Player's Guide. I have a campaign page I'm quite proud of - Xoth Sword & Sorcery for Dragonbane - warning, lots of NSFW sword & sorcery art! :) The art is mostly by Spanish comic artist Jaime Brocal Remohi.
Good luck with your campaign, looks fun! Excellent black and white artwork (y)

Interesting development - Chaosium have made their BRP Basic Roleplaying Rules free for use under the new open ORC license. Its a new cleaned up edition of BRP:

reelo

Hero
Interesting development - Chaosium have made their BRP Basic Roleplaying Rules free for use under the new open ORC license. Its a new cleaned up edition of BRP:

I might try and adapt Xoth (purely for personal use) as a setting for Mythras/d100. It would be an awesome fit. But I'll have to familiarize myself with the setting first.

S'mon

Legend
I might try and adapt Xoth (purely for personal use) as a setting for Mythras/d100. It would be an awesome fit. But I'll have to familiarize myself with the setting first.
The (very good) Dipur stuff on the website is statted for Legend. Easy for me to convert to Dragonbane, even easier to Mythras. :)

S'mon

Legend
I just looked up the artist, he died 20 years ago. Not sure if this makes the art part of his family estate or some sort of open source.

Copyright is author's life +70 in the EU. Copyright is typically assignable (though not in Germany) but EU copyright laws have no 'work for hire' doctrine. Copyright does not require enforcement to maintain validity.

CapnZapp

Legend
I've started a fun Roll20 Xoth campaign using Dragonbane rules (which descend from BRP/Runequest) and adapting the 5e Player's Guide. I have a campaign page I'm quite proud of - Xoth Sword & Sorcery for Dragonbane - warning, lots of NSFW sword & sorcery art! :) The art is mostly by Spanish comic artist Jaime Brocal Remohi.
I really don't have anything to say other than to parrot Xoth, but since your campaign - and artwork findings - are awesome I will say with no shame:

Good luck with your campaign, looks fun! Excellent black and white artwork :)

CapnZapp

Legend
I completely agree BRP can be a great basis for a S&S campaign, but since this thread is about Xoth and specifically its take on 5E Sword & Sorcery, I will post my reply to the thread closest to this news I could find:

Remove ads