5E Free 60+ page Guide to Sword & Sorcery for 5E D&D

xoth.publishing

Swords against tentacles!
The Player's Guide has been updated to version 1.7, available at the same link as before.

Updates in this version include:
  • The Degenerate's Unwholesome feature now also impacts the social skills of other party members
  • Removed Light from the Cultist spell list
  • Added Counterspell to the Cultist spell list
  • Added specific Cult Secrets for several of the cults
Enjoy! :)

xoth.publishing

Oh cool. I've been wondering what the secrets were meant to be.
Yeah, so the Cult Secrets are cult-specific, thematically appropriate special abilities gained by the Cultist at level 6, 14, and 18. I try to design these so they are distinct from just bonus spells (which the cultist gains via Cult Spells), but sometimes the cult secret duplicates a spell effect but with some added condition or duration.

Yeah, so the Cult Secrets are cult-specific, thematically appropriate special abilities gained by the Cultist at level 6, 14, and 18. I try to design these so they are distinct from just bonus spells (which the cultist gains via Cult Spells), but sometimes the cult secret duplicates a spell effect but with some added condition or duration.
Fantastic guide.

Any plans to flesh out the other cults? 5 down, 17 more to go (actually 16 if Aklathu doesn't have any priests)!

xoth.publishing

Fantastic guide.
Thanks!

Any plans to flesh out the other cults? 5 down, 17 more to go (actually 16 if Aklathu doesn't have any priests)!
I do, but although none of these cults are exactly Sunday School, I guess the details and secrets of a few of the more villainous cults should go in a yet-to-be-released "Game Master's Guide to the World of Xoth" rather than the Player's Guide... !

Also note that when Mongoose Publishing did their conversion of "The Spider-God's Bride" to the Legend RPG some years ago, they added some details of the cults to one of the introductory chapters.

Most Liked Threads

Advertisement2

Advertisement4