D&D 5E Free 'Descent into the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth' Adventure on D&D Beyond

Abridged version of the full adventure, which appears in Quests from the Infinite Staircase.

638442415700463413.jpeg

Descent into the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth is an abridged version of the full adventure, which appears in Quests from the Infinite Staircase. You can access it for free on D&D Beyond.

Deep in the Yatil Mountains lie the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth, formerly occupied by the legendary archmage Iggwilv the Witch Queen. Though Iggwilv is long gone, her lair is anything but empty. Demons, giants, and other formidable creatures haunt the perilous caverns, and the archmage’s magical defenses remain intact. The rewards for braving these threats defy imagination. Iggwilv is rumored to have amassed a magical hoard of unsurpassed value, a trove of such fame that scores of adventurers have perished in search of it.

This supplement is part of a yearlong celebration of Dungeons & Dragons and its 50th anniversary. The adventure presented herein is an abridged, quick-play version of “The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth,” which appears in Quests from the Infinite Staircase. See that book for the full adventure.

“Descent into the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth” is designed for four to six 9th-level characters.

They are. Which is what I said. The giant crickets use frog stats, for example.
Sorry, you are the first person I heard talk about this. Though they have down that in other adventures too. Regardless that has not been the general item of discussion on this thread (not that you need to stick to the flow of thread).

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
What's especially disappointing about the giant crickets is that it would take WotC 30 seconds to grab CR 1/4 default stats from the spreadsheet I assume they share in-office (and if they don't have such a document, they should), add a jump ability, and be done with it. Maybe say to use giant frog stats in the hard copy, but there's no practical limits to how many monster stat blocks they can store on DDB.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
What's especially disappointing about the giant crickets is that it would take WotC 30 seconds to grab CR 1/4 default stats from the spreadsheet I assume they share in-office (and if they don't have such a document, they should), add a jump ability, and be done with it. Maybe say to use giant frog stats in the hard copy, but there's no practical limits to how many monster stat blocks they can store on DDB.
And I always think of frogs as the easy monster that can swallow you, that's their schtick. I didn't think of crickets that way.

I feel like there was more than just this one, but it's been hours since I skimmed it.

All that said, this looks fun and old school. I used to own this, but I never ran it. I will this.

Remove ads

Remove ads