• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Free Fantasy Architecture (New Stuff! 6/4/03)

KnidVermicious

First Post
I use AutoCAD for the modelling and a program called Piranesi for the rendering.

I've got more stuff in the works but I've been pretty busy lately.

KnidVermicious

First Post
I worked this up faster than I thought I would. I skipped doing a lot of texture/detail in the CAD modeling and tried to use color and patterns to create those effects.
Also used a scale figure. I really stink at people and animals so I used some free clip art and scaled it into the drawing. Turned out pretty nice, I think.

Attachments

• gatestrength2color1.jpg
    gatestrength2color1.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,224

KnidVermicious

First Post
I call this "The Gate Of Strength"

Here is an elevation of the above. The color looks a little faded above, I'll have to work on it. It's still all new to me.

Attachments

• gatestrengthbnwfront.jpg
    gatestrengthbnwfront.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,196

KnidVermicious

First Post
Let's see if this looks any better.

(Edit) Deleted. Added new image in another post 'cus I couldn't figure out how to do it in this one.

Last edited:

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Re: Fantasy Architecture

KnidVermicious said:
Here goes nothing.

Tall tower. Watch tower. Wizard's tower.

More to come.

Absolutely brilliant. These buildings looke like a perfect match for Urbis! The towers look like they could pass as Nexus Towers as well...

By all means, keep them coming!

Do you have a website with all this stuff?

Last edited:

KnidVermicious

First Post
No, I don't have a website. I don't have any experience at setting one up, so I've never really thought about it.

Anyone can feel free to make use of these pictures. If you want better quality I can email the larger versions. I cut them down considerably to fit them here.

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
KnidVermicious said:
No, I don't have a website. I don't have any experience at setting one up, so I've never really thought about it.

Well, as it happens, I do have a website of my own... ;)

And it's completely banner- and ads-free, too!

Anyone can feel free to make use of these pictures. If you want better quality I can email the larger versions. I cut them down considerably to fit them here.

I'd definietly be interested - I'd love to use your tower pictures in my Nexus Tower section - and I think I'll find a use for that city gate as well.

In exchange, I'll put up a page of its own for your pictures (as long as they don't go into the Megabyte range or something like that). Just email the pictures and the text you want me to add to it to jhubert@gmx.de, and I'll put it up.

How does this sound?

Malessa

First Post
Wow, those are great! Definately keep them comming! I have a hard time doing buildings and the like because I get the angles all wrong, tis why I stick to people and such. But YOUR angles, perception and imagination is absolutely amazing!:)

KnidVermicious

First Post
To Jurgen:

That sounds interesting. I'll think about it and try to get some stuff together for you.
If you could give me a nice detailed description of a Nexus tower (including what style/color you envision) I could give it a shot. It would take me some time, though.

To Malessa:

Thanks. I have to admit, though, that the perspective and angle goodness comes from the computer, not from me. All of these pics (except for the Knid) are generated from computer models with a view from a "camera" so the perspective is automatic.
Of course, drawing this way has drawbacks of its own. It's hard to do a quick, loose drawing with CAD and building the models is time consuming. On the other hand, redoing/adjusting things is much easier than pen and paper drawings.

Remove ads