• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Free Fantasy Architecture (New Stuff! 6/4/03)

KnidVermicious

First Post
These are images re-posted from the thread "Any bored architects out there want to help design an elven bridge?" In that thread Chronosome asked if anyone would make a realistic drawing of a bridge over a river. He provided a sketch and this description:

"...Lago's Bridge, a beautiful glass bridge overlooking the River Iliaquar. I've got a sketch of the basic design, but I can't seem to make it "real". It's leaf-pillars are enourmous, standing about 150 feet tall, and it's got no railings...it's semitransparent and refracts light into a rainbow glow..."

Here is my first attempt:

Attachments

• bridgecolor1.jpg
    bridgecolor1.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:

KnidVermicious

First Post
Chronosome then replied that he thought the pillars should be more curvaceous and the bridge itself should be glass, too.
Everyone should check out what Scorpio and Brak1 did. They had very different interpretations than I did. It was interesting to see how different people could 'realize' a rough black and white sketch in different ways.

Here is my second drawing:

Attachments

• bridge2color.jpg
    bridge2color.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 314

KnidVermicious

First Post
And in color.

EDIT: Just realized I posted the same image twice. Deleted and posted the correct image about 3 posts down.

Last edited:

KnidVermicious

First Post
This is the correct image from above. Front color view of the Fortress of the Frost Eagles.

Attachments

• fortfrostfront2color.jpg
    fortfrostfront2color.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 287

brak1

Amateur Fortean
Nice stuff! I like the watercolor feel you give the finished work, as opposed to the kind of static, "dead" feel I usually see in CAD stuff.

What do you do the colors in?

Remove ads