Dragonlance Free Monstrous Compendium Volume II Includes Dragon Highlord Verminaard

Over on D&D Beyond you can grab a copy of Dragonlance Creatures, the second digital official Monstrous Compendium volume. This volume includes entries from the original Dragonlance Chronicles storyline of the 1980s, such as Dragon Highlord Verminaard (at CR 17!) and his dragon, Ember, along with the Forest Master (the unicorn from Darken Wood) and others...

Over on D&D Beyond you can grab a copy of Dragonlance Creatures, the second digital official Monstrous Compendium volume. This volume includes entries from the original Dragonlance Chronicles storyline of the 1980s, such as Dragon Highlord Verminaard (at CR 17!) and his dragon, Ember, along with the Forest Master (the unicorn from Darken Wood) and others.

WotC did the same with Spelljammer, with Volume 1 of the Monstrous Compendium.

FF7C01F1-2434-4126-9532-7D054285ABCA.jpeg

ECF24A65-C14D-4AEF-853E-1771E96F703B.png

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
I like the Traag Draconian too. Interesting CR 5 monster
I am pleasantly surprised to see them get update.

What are the traag draconians from? I’ve never heard of them before.

As others have said, they were originally from the 2e Time of the Dragons boxed set that explores the continent of Taladas on the other side of Krynn. IMO, it was far more interesting a setting than Ansalon.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Verminaard, Ember, the Forest Master? :O

I got to admit... my interest in SotDQ just dropped significantly -- mainly as my wide-eyed wonder and need for a newly re-imagined Classic DL Campaign in 5e from Wes & WotC has been instantly and unreasonably stoked by this DDB freebie.

Never mind the mere Shadow of the Dragon Queen. Now I want the actual Dragon Queen, damnit!

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Heh. I'm halfway through the video, and F. Wesley Schneider suggested that the Feywild could be a way to include the Forest Master in a Dragonlance campaign. Given the response of the Fey Kender, I'm a bit amused that he'd mention that.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Heh. I'm halfway through the video, and F. Wesley Schneider suggested that the Feywild could be a way to include the Forest Master in a Dragonlance campaign. Given the response of the Fey Kender, I'm a bit amused that he'd mention that.
Easier to make unicorn fey than a species that previously were not.

darjr

I crit!

Easier to make unicorn fey than a species that previously were not.

Unicorns aren't fey, either. They're celestials.

I thought there was a fey realm in Krynn. It was a later addition.

darjr

I crit!
Summerhome was the fey place.

Remove ads

Remove ads