• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FREE PDF to enWorld Members - Mythe Campaign Setting! My way of saying THANKS!

Neblan

First Post
I'm downloading it now.

Im downloading it now. The map looks really good. I've been wanting to make my own Campagin Setting for a while now, but i havn't really worked out how. Mayb this could help me. Look cool anyway. Keep up the good work.

Drew

Explorer
Thanks, I'll be sure to download this and check it out. I can always use inspiration for my own homebrew world.

By the way, I like the maps. I can tell you did them in Campaign Cartographer. Did you only use CC, or did you fix them up with a photo editor as well? I'm especially curious about the political map. I have a basic map for my world done, but I can't figure out how to lay the different colored polygons over the top of the basic outline.

Anyway, nicely done.

gunter uxbridge

First Post
Drew said:
Thanks, I'll be sure to download this and check it out. I can always use inspiration for my own homebrew world.

By the way, I like the maps. I can tell you did them in Campaign Cartographer. Did you only use CC, or did you fix them up with a photo editor as well? I'm especially curious about the political map. I have a basic map for my world done, but I can't figure out how to lay the different colored polygons over the top of the basic outline.

Anyway, nicely done.

The political map was done using a special technique that I pioneered myself. Some might say that it is a visionary system that may revolutionize the field! You see, I brought up my map in CC, took a screen shot and pasted it in MS-Paint. Then I wiped out everything but the continental outline and eyeballed the political borders! How simple is that! :) I'm no artist and I like to keep things simple.

Thanks for your comments BTW. I'm surprised at how many people have commented on just the maps. I had to teach myself CC as I went, and the initial test maps were made in....are you ready for this.....the Civilization III scenario editor!!!! It gave me a way to visualize the placement of major land features such as lakes, rivers, mountains and cities while everything was still in flux. Its a handy little "getcha there" utility, but learning CC was always in the cards.

As a side note, as of this morning, the Mythe Campaign Setting has been downloaded approximately 650 times! I am quite pleased at the reaction thus far and have already implimented several ideas as suggested on enWorld and elsewhere. Please spread the news about this FREE product and keep the momentum going!

Last edited:

gunter uxbridge

First Post
Added a link to the web site to our new message board. Please visit, have a look around and check out what we have to offer. Again, the PDF, maps and boards are all FREE!!!! Run the setting as you wish, plunder it for ideas for your own setting or just humor me!!!! :) Really folks, so far I have logged nearly 750 downloads and going strong. I can't thank you all enough for your kind words and suggestions.

Sincerely,

Travis J. Offenberger

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads