Free RPG Day 2011

Saracenus

Always In School Gamer
My FLGS, Guardian Games, had tons of games running all day yesterday.

I was scheduled to play 4e D&D and Call of Cthulhu with my wife in the afternoon but had to beg off the latter because the wife had a nasty headache.

My DM, Toby, made his own adventure for the day and we used the 1st level pregens from D&D Encounters Seasons 4 and 5.

Instead of meeting at the roadside tavern we had to explore and abandoned one looking for a friend who had gone missing... Our party of 5 nearly got through all three encounters great fun was had by all.

I saw a bunch of Pathfinder We Be Goblins tables being run (at least 4 during the day).

I was then back in the final hour to run my own 4e D&D scenario I wrote up 2 days before the event. After playing at Toby's table I made some quick adjustments to it so that it would play better in the 2 hour time constraint.

The scenario was "simple." deliver a message and a mcguffin to Hammerfast from the town of Duponde. Along the way they encounter a lone Vistani wagon under attack and during the battle the mcguffin is stolen, cue chase through the wilderness at night...

My table finished 2 combat encounters with a small skill challenge between them in about an hour and half (minions are a fast scenario's friend). I need to consolidate my notes and post it up.

I picked up the WotC Shadowfell suplement, We Be Goblins, and last year's Paizo FreeRPG offering. The last two will be going to a good friend that has been wanting to run an all goblin Pathfinder game, he is gonna love it.

All in all, a good day for gaming.

Badwe

First Post
unfortunately my FLGS isn't especially L at a 45 minute drive away. To make matters worse, apparently the Free RPG boxed set had a substantial price hike for fewer things than last year, so he opted out of participating. I guess last year a bunch of people came in, grabbed stuff, immediately walked out, and then never came back to the store again. Stupid freeloaders ruin everything :-(

</rant>

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Looks lovely. Sadly, I cannot afford to purchase one. That is why I am trying to work out a trade. Might even offer a signed copy of Gaslight Victorian Fantasy for Savage Worlds. Seems I know one of the authors. :D

If you can convince the powers that be to shoot a few copies over to the next Chicago Gameday as prizes (and feel free to sign them, if you like ;) ) then I think I can spare the one I have for the ole curmudgeon. :D

*edit* Hmmm. No Savage Worlds going on this time. Maybe for the October Chicago Gameday if they/you would prefer they definitely go to Savaged players? Although I know of two or three regular Chicago Gameday GMs (that are there every time) who would definitely love a signed copy for their collections. I'll even toss in the Free RPG Day Savage Worlds The Wild Hunt for your own collection, if you don't have one from them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads