• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Freeport - Which adventure to use next?

Which adventure(s) should I run?

I'm currently running my group through the Freeport Trilogy at the moment. They are up to the final battle in Terror in Freeport and I obviously will be running Madness in Freeport after that. The question is what adventure do I run next?

I have had a look at the various Freeport adventures and have narrowed down my choices to 5 options. Out of these I only own Tales of Freeport but having to buy the adventure isn't really a huge deal.

So which one would you recommend? And how scalable are the adventures in your experience? Idealy I would like to run at least 2 of the 5 options but 9th level seems to be the highest level that the adventures are designed for.

Olaf the Stout

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Vengeance is a direct sequel to the trilogy. Unless your players are ready for a break from the storyline, I'd say do that and then Crisis. If you need a break from the story, go with either Gangs or the Soul of the Serpent adventure from Tales, depending on which aspect of Freeport the players have responded to most.

Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Vengeance is a direct sequel to the trilogy. Unless your players are ready for a break from the storyline, I'd say do that and then Crisis. If you need a break from the story, go with either Gangs or the Soul of the Serpent adventure from Tales, depending on which aspect of Freeport the players have responded to most.

They seemed interested in trying to "clean up" Scurytown after someone attempted to rob them once while they were travelling through. That's why I thought that Gangs of Freeport might be interesting.

Olaf the Stout

Arnwyn

First Post
Vengeance in Freeport should be next, as it is the direct sequel to the trilogy (taking place one week after the events of Madness in Freeport).

After that, it should be Crisis in Freeport.

Later (in level order):
- Black Sails Over Freeport (might be too low after Crisis is done)
- Tales of Freeport
- Shadows in Freeport
- Hell in Freeport

Karl Green said:
What level are the players (or will they be)?

The players just made 5th level and we are all but finished Terror (just the final battle to go). They are a little bit higher than recommended for where they are in the trilogy but I am adjusting a little for that. By the time they finish Madness I imagine that they will be 7th level (or at least very close to it).

Olaf the Stout

Captain Howdy said:
You should add Hell in Freeport to your poll. That module is awesome.

I didn't include Hell in Freeport into the list because I had generally read bad things about it, both in reviews and in messageboard posts.

Not that you asked, but I didn't include Black Sails because it is a rather huge adventure and I would rather run through some of the smaller ones at this point in time.

Olaf the Stout

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads