frenzied berserker.

Shard O'Glase

First Post
Um wow +10-14 str that's a lot. Stacking with the barbarian rage is just to cool. So lets see 1/2 orc barb 20 str, 22 str at 8th level(2 levels frenzied berserker), has a +2 str enhancement item, he rages and frenzies in the same round. That would be a str of 34 or +12 to hit and +12 or +18 to damage, OUCH. At 8th level without any magic items or weapon focus he would be at +20 to hit on his 1st attack, he gets an additional attack at max so a full attack from him would look like +20/+20/+15 with a spiked chain he'd be doing 2d4+18(ave dmg 23) on each of those attacks at up to 10' of range. This is one fo the few people where great cleave actually might come in handy against monsters other than 1hd critters.

Sorry this guy is just too cool, I always dug berserkers. Man I want to play one so I can pull hunks of flesh from out between the spikes of my chain.

WSmith

First Post
...I am guessing you are talking about something in MotW?

Haven't seen you post in a while, Shard. How do you like the Bay Area?

Shard O'Glase

First Post
Yep a prestige class form MoTW. And I love the bay area growing up here may have some bearing on that though. I loved New York as well and I wouldn't mind moving back there, now sacramento yeah I have some good friends there but the place itself kinda sucked. (except for a few resturaunts fanny anns in old sac cause the jiffy burger is just genious, and I loved Sudwerk because german food and great bear rocks, and Los Jaritos the best low priced mexican food with great chips and slasa in town)

Only problem with the bay area is the people I used to game with when I originally lived here don't really game anymore, we just do it every once in a while, starting games at relatively high levels and other things I don't like. I liked in NY where I gamed almost every week, even if the gaming and PS wrecked my sleepong habits for the next couple days.

So to sum up a long response yeah I like the bay area I just need to find a new gaming group. :D

Last edited:

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
For an extra special crunchy delicious treat, add in a few levels of the tribal protector PrC. Now you get another attack, with all attacks at -2. Tenth level character with +20/+20/+20/+15.

Give him a +2 greatsword, weapon focus, and weapon specialization (so Ftr4/Brb2/Berzerker2/Protector2), and you're attacking at +23/+23/+23/+18 for 2-12+22 damage. Assuming your opponent has an AC of 25 or less, you'll average 116 points of damage or more (figuring that the rare misses are made up for by the criticals).

Now lay in the power attack and great cleave. Add in the +3 damage for attacking tribal enemies. Take the improved critical feat. Can you just hear that buzzsaw buzzing?

Daniel
playing a slightly less horrifying version of this character in tomorrow's game

Shard O'Glase

First Post
I love it, while styalistically I always loved wizards and rogue types the best. 3ED has done a fantastic job of making all classes interesting to play, sure the fighter is just a combat hog with no skills, but you can't beat the mayhem a fighter type can dish out, they can be a blast to play(especially considering that while lite on skills they do have them so you can do things out of combat) which wasn't that true in 2ed.

Remove ads