• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fringe #5: Power Hungry/Oct 2008

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
1231727.jpg

Power Hungry

Stars:John Noble (Dr. Walter Bishop)
Anna Torv (Olivia Dunham)
Joshua Jackson (Peter Bishop)
Guest Star:Ebon Moss-Bachrach (Joseph Meegar)
Max Baker (Fischer)
MaryLouise Burke (Flora Meegar)
Diane Davis (Bethany)

The team investigate the case of a man who can project electricity... and is at the center of a series of strange deaths involving electricity

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Well I tried watching for the first time. I found that it didn't hold my interest at all. Not sure at this point whether I will give it a second chance.

Arnwyn

First Post
My wife immediately noticed "the observer" dude. Cool.

I have to wonder - was he in the first 3 episodes (before we 'officially' met him)?

Another enjoyable episode.

DonTadow

First Post
My wife immediately noticed "the observer" dude. Cool.

I have to wonder - was he in the first 3 episodes (before we 'officially' met him)?

Another enjoyable episode.
Makes ya want to go back and see if he was.

The episode itself was blah though. The weakest so far. I just didn't dig the setup and how lucky electro was for surviving the elevator accident. A little bit too much star trek science too this week. I know its the foundation of the show but there were like 3 or 4 duex ex machina's to drive the plot.

Arnwyn

First Post
Makes ya want to go back and see if he was.
I know!

The episode itself was blah though. The weakest so far. I just didn't dig the setup and how lucky electro was for surviving the elevator accident. A little bit too much star trek science too this week. I know its the foundation of the show but there were like 3 or 4 duex ex machina's to drive the plot.
I do agree with you that it was the worst episode so far (and that it did have star trekky science going on... but then, I'm went with 'total sci-fi' when they put Olivia in the freakin' tank to "read memories"...). But I'm still enjoying what they're showing.

DonTadow

First Post
Now that we know he is, the show looses a couple of cool points with me. It would be way better if they didn't do the who is the observor episode so soon. They skipped out on a cool bit of marketing by not riding him out and letting us internet geeks yap about if we saw him or not, is it just the same extra or is it more important.

John Crichton

First Post
Now that we know he is, the show looses a couple of cool points with me. It would be way better if they didn't do the who is the observor episode so soon. They skipped out on a cool bit of marketing by not riding him out and letting us internet geeks yap about if we saw him or not, is it just the same extra or is it more important.
Not with me. A show like this needs to start building a mythology quickly (even if it leaks out slowly) so it's not just the super-science thing of the week saving the day and little else.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads