• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

From Citadel to Bastion [OOC Thread]

StalkingBlue

First Post
It would be easy to run into Moon in some tavern or other, where he'd be either working (for the time being) or simply stranded for a while, looking for his chance.

It might not be as easy to notice him, as he's pretty taciturn and shy and tends to slink in the shadows. If you were to notice him, what you'd most probably realise about him would be either that

(a) he appears to be pretty good at slinking

or

(b) that those snatches he plays on his recorder when he thinks he doesn't have a audience are melancholy variations of common circus tunes (for bards: Clown's Tune, Prancing Tune, Crescendo Scales).

If Moon has a chance to watch a group for a while and decided to trust them, he might approach them and offer his services - perhaps just as a general helper, at first.

I can see him approach Ashrem or Farah, most likely, or Lamont.

Vargo

First Post
Khaira is the kind of person who would tag along with any band of misfits, looking for a story or two to turn into some kind of performance piece - so she'd be caught following just about anybody.

For obvious reasons, she does tend to slip into default leadership positions, but she's not really a bossy sort - and she definitely "inspires the troops" by being right up there in the front sticking her neck out on her plans.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
This is the best I could find online.

Sueloise is my character's human sub-race.

Rough Idea:

Ashrem, Moon, and Khaira, having met on the road, have been traveling together for mutuel profit.

Khaira and Moon plays for their supper while Ashrem acts as "muscle" when things get rough or when mundane charm want do.

StalkingBlue

First Post
Aha. Thanks for the link, Ashrem. :)
Is that how he gets to have white hair, too, or is that grief or from living underground for so long?

Moon sure would be willing to join Khaira in a supporting role when she plays for supper, and would feel a lot safer with Ashrem around. With his low Cha though, I guess Moon will have to throw in the occasional caper to gloss over a wrong note ....

This is actually great for my character concept. If we go through with this, Moon would probably never have told you about the breaking and entering training he went through before he joined the circus, and he'll keep it that way until those skills and tools are really needed.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
I suggest putting a section in our character backgrounds called "who-knows-what".

In there, we can tell what each of the other characters knows about each of us. :D

If Khaira puts much effort into it, she can discover as much about Ashrem's past as I wrote in his background.

Otherwise, he will just tell anyone who asks that he had a horrible life up until this point and has seen horrors that he would rather not speak of. He wants to leave the past in the past.

Now, how do the rest of us get together? Remember, we have all been together for a year.

Blue -> Yea, the white hair is genetic.

Vargo

First Post
Well, bringing Lamont and Quendros in shouldn't be hard - Lamont and Quendros know each other, and Quendros could be from the same area as Khaira, so they could have been friends previously.

The enigma is Farah - no real hooks there. For some reason though, she reminds me of an evoker from (contact)'s Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil story hour - a shy individual, with a punch to back it up. "Um, excuse me?" *BOOM*

Let's just hope I didn't jinx her with that...

Maybe Quendros was the one who found her barely alive and healed her back to health?

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Farah already knows Lamont and Quendros. Read Lamont's background.

Now. We have two groups:

Ashrem
Moon
Khaira

and

Lamont
Farah
Quendros

Now, how to tie them together so that they have been together for a year?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads