From the ashes will rise a new Hivemind.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
It's sort of wierd. I've bee nthinking about what changes truly change Earth history and I've been realizing that some things could easily be handwaved in without drastically changing history, but others tend to destroy history, alter it drastically, or changes the perception if it in unintended ways.

For instance I was thinking about some elements from my old setting (that was a 'near future' version of a DnD homebrew) and been wondering what elements could actually transfer over to an alternate Earth. For instance, I could add in alot of different fantasy races, but as soon as I add in more then one "can't be mistaken for humans" things become difficult.

Then the most bizzare thing is that even though supernatural elements don't really effect things one major stylistic element seems to effect history greatly and that world as a whole even if other drastic changes don't. That is, in that setting, there were no Nation States. Instead there were walled city states. Its wierd, in the homebrewed setting it was because of wars, undead, and monsters. But then, in an alternate earth setting, those same reasons tend to give it a post-apocalyptic* mood (instead of a overly paranoid/xenophobic culture/society), which is something I did not have in mind.

* Note: Their was also suposed to be an implied dystopian/utopian feel to the society.

Last edited:

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
For myself, I have been wanting to run a game in the early Fifth Age of Krynn (That is Dragonlance's setting).:p

Ideally it would be a real life group using the SAGA system (Thanks Aeson!)

But I realize that may not be possible right now due to how my life is right now, so I am just making up plots and monsters for now.:hmm:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I know what you mean...when I went to Russia in 2005, my tour group was passing a building under renovation and I heard some guy shout out

"Ay, CHICA! ¿Hace usted consiguió a un hombre? WOOOOOOOOOOO!"

(OK, I'm lying just a little bit.;))

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I know what you mean...when I went to Russia in 2005, my tour group was passing a building under renovation and I heard some guy shout out

"Ay, CHICA! ¿Hace usted consiguió a un hombre? WOOOOOOOOOOO!"

(OK, I'm lying just a little bit.;))

Danny you're doing it wrong. :p

It's "Ay, Chica! ¿Quiere [Abuela inadecuada*]? Oyame, [Abuela inadecuada ]! ¿Quiere [Abuela inadecuada*]? WOOOOOOOOOOO! "

*Abuela inadecuada translates to Grandma Inappropriate.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Well, I was just trying to be nice, not give you the actual text of a shout from a...how would it be in 4Ed?...Skybuilder Wolfcaller.

We both also forgot the [Gesture][Abuela inadecuada][/Gesture].

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I thought I'd share. My roommate and I moved out of our apartment in the city and moved into a house in the burbs. My experiement with city living is on hold it seems. Oddly enough the racial makeup of the neighborhood hasn't changed much from the apartment. :p

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I thought I'd share. My roommate and I moved out of our apartment in the city and moved into a house in the burbs. My experiement with city living is on hold it seems. Oddly enough the racial makeup of the neighborhood hasn't changed much from the apartment. :p

Stay away from that old white doctor's house. I hear he's a serial killer.

Remove ads