• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Funniest Home Dice Rolls

sniffles

First Post
This one time, in a D&D game, we were rolling initiative, and around the table we ended up with 6, 7, 8, and 9, in order, clockwise from the GM perspective. :p

noretoc

First Post
Not a funny roll thing, but very strange all the same. The other day I was at a game, and picked up my girlfriends dice and put them in the little square box it came in. Then the game kinda went on a bit longer, and I dumped them out again, and they rolled..
d6 - 1
d10 - 2
d4 - 3
d10's - 4
d8 - 5
d12 - 6
d20 - 7

It was very strange. I showed everyone and they were like "cool, but nothing big".. I, on the otherhand, was flabergasted.

Thotas

First Post
Ahnk-Morpork Guard, that wasn't a halfling ranger carrying around a lead sheet, was it?

Mine's not so much a dice-rolling story. My college group has a guy who, when dissapointed by a bad roll at an important moment, had a way of flinging said dice about the room while swearing at them. Yeah, I know -- not cool behaviour at all, but to be honest, it was a bit of a joke within the group. To the point of Mike not throwing dice in a session would've been made it just incomplete. Anyway, on one occasion, an unaimed 6-sider bee-lined for the DM's lower mid-forehead, just above and between the eyes. Hit with a loud "THOKK!" sound. Followed by a complete silence, everyone at the table completely frozen in place. The DM just said, "That felt like a six." Tension breaks into laughter, and the game continues.

sniffles

First Post
Thotas said:
Ahnk-Morpork Guard, that wasn't a halfling ranger carrying around a lead sheet, was it?

Mine's not so much a dice-rolling story. My college group has a guy who, when dissapointed by a bad roll at an important moment, had a way of flinging said dice about the room while swearing at them. Yeah, I know -- not cool behaviour at all, but to be honest, it was a bit of a joke within the group. To the point of Mike not throwing dice in a session would've been made it just incomplete. Anyway, on one occasion, an unaimed 6-sider bee-lined for the DM's lower mid-forehead, just above and between the eyes. Hit with a loud "THOKK!" sound. Followed by a complete silence, everyone at the table completely frozen in place. The DM just said, "That felt like a six." Tension breaks into laughter, and the game continues.

:lol:
I beaned my GM in the forehead with a die once, but he didn't have such a good comeback line.

Thotas

First Post
He was a great guy to game with in general. He DMed the first "had a great time RPing, never rolled a die" session I was ever a part of. Unfortunately, when the succubus came to take him to Tualitin, we didn't know to play her song backwards.

Last game session.

My wife's playing a human Jedi Guardian and a friend is playing a human Scoundrel.

We're in a fight with a human Dark Jedi and a couple enforcer droids.

Between the two of them, they rolled 8 1s in a row. Four rounds straight of nothing but 1s on their attack rolls. That's gotta be some sort of record or something. :D

reveal

Adventurer
Patryn of Elvenshae said:
Last game session.

My wife's playing a human Jedi Guardian and a friend is playing a human Scoundrel.

We're in a fight with a human Dark Jedi and a couple enforcer droids.

Between the two of them, they rolled 8 1s in a row. Four rounds straight of nothing but 1s on their attack rolls. That's gotta be some sort of record or something. :D

Did your wife blame you for the bad rolls? My wife would have. ;)

Speaking of Star Wars d20...reminds me of the funniest game I've ever had.

It was a new group, all people new to RPGs as a whole except for me. One guy couldn't figure out what to play, so we threw out the idea of him playing a droid(don't ask, but it fits him well). He did, and I let him play an old Super Battle Droid.

Well, first combat was when the 'fun' started. We were using critical misses and such, so when he rolled the first 1, I cringed, as did a couple of the others who had been paying attention. He rolled another 1 then(on a different dice, even) and the droid proceeded to shoot itself in the foot. He did this three rounds in a row, rotating dice and trying everything but he kept rolling 1s.

The best part is the mental image of a Super Battle Droid shooting itself in the foot...especially since their blasters are attached to their arms. Amazingly, he still plays RPGs, but still has some really bad luck streaks like that.

In 2nd edition a player playing a ranger was dual wielding a longsword and magic throwing axe. Bugbears as her favored enemy - wonders on a group of bugbears - w/ sword rolls 4 ones in a row (never using the axe) on the final 1 she rolled a percentage that sent her sword careening down the hall (house rule), never switching the axe to her main hand and never throwing it proceeds to get 4 20s in a row. Talk about karma.

To this day when she starts rolling bad we teasingly tell her to throw away her sword.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads