• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Funny Out of Context D&D Quotes

Audrik

Explorer
Back in the 2e days, I ran a game that lasted five years, and I kept a notebook to fill with things the players said. It came to be so completely dominated by one player that we just considered it a book of his quotes. I haven't seen that book in many years, but lemme see if I can remember a few ...

"The wyverns are going north. Let's go south. It's closer."

"I'm going to clean up this fountain and make it look more like a fountain."

"He's not going to hurt me. He just made me a permanent fighter for a while." ~explaining why he was actually going to shake the wight's outstretched hand a second time when the first time, he had been drained of a level and went from Fighter 1/Mage 1 to simply Fighter 1.

"I am Duke. I'm a duke. Will five gold pieces cover it?" ~to the innkeeper after a brawl in the dining area.
"You say the rats fear me? Come here. Squeak, squeak." ~to a serving girl and then a rat in the same scene as the previous quote.

And a few from another player:

"There are five zombies, and there are only five of us. We're outnumbered."

"Just pay a hobo to touch it." ~when no one in the group could dispel a magical trap

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads