Fury over Black Hermione Granger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
the latest retcon actually has the Samuel L Jackson version being the son of the original under the name Nick Fury Jr.

I don't recall that in the movies. Where is that from?

or was he a blue eyed, blondhaired catholic baby?

Born to two middle eastern Jews, so I doubt it. Altered depictions don't change things. They're just........off.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I supposed they'd have to do something, since it would stretch credulity to have a 100-something year old Nick Fury look the way that Jackson does. I'd have gone with Fury receiving a watered-down version of the Super Soldier Serum, which extends his life.

They actually did. Fury ages extremely slowly due to ingesting the Infinity Formula

and Nick Fury Jr happened in the comics, I don't think they've made the point in the movies (yet)

Ryujin

Legend
They actually did. Fury ages extremely slowly due to ingesting the Infinity Formula

and Nick Fury Jr happened in the comics, I don't think they've made the point in the movies (yet)

I'm a bit out of the loop on that. Perhaps two or three reboots. I was a reader of "Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos" and an occasional reader of "Nick Fury, Agent of Shield" back in the '70s. My Marvel Comics rarely had a cover price of more than a Quarter and more often said 15¢, or as low as 10¢. At least they did before my brother got into them around 1980, selling them all off without my knowledge.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
excellent example there. Eartha Kitt did an awesome job as Catwoman and the change between her and Julie Newmar wasn't at all jarring

Well, to you, maybe, but to others?

Don't get me wrong, I liked both actresses take on the role. But I was disappointed with the recasting.

Not if you're looking at paintings of Jesus spread throughout Europe and the US.
1423201d1408324679-jesus-riding-dinosaur-gun-anyone-have-raptorjesus-muhammed-rap.jpg

Staffan

Legend
With Bond, I've almost come to the conclusion that all the roles in his agency are also "roles". As in, "James Bond", "Moneypenny" and all the others aren't names, but jobs with built in fake identities. You get the job, and you assume this new identity.

Kind of like how there will always be a Phantom, there will always be a "James Bond" in HMSS.
I like that idea. The main snag is that we see two Bonds after Lazenby still mourning Teresa Bond - Moore in For Your Eyes Only (in the pre-credit scene where an unnamed-for-legal-reasons Blofeld tries to kill him, ending with Blofeld being dropped into a chimney), and Dalton in License to Kill (though it's more subtle there - Bond mentions having been married, and it is clearly a sore subject).

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Like I said, "almost". :)

Still, that could be part of the role- maintaining the image of the killer who loved, even though that love was between 2 other people.

MechaPilot

Explorer
Right, that's Ron. Now, who are you going to cast for Ginny, Arthur, Molly, Percy, Fred, and George?

The issue with Ron isn't just his ginger hair, it's that you need a whole bunch of actors who all have ginger hair and a family resemblance. But if you can find them, that's fine.

Can't they give anyone ginger hair with the hair and makeup process actors and actresses have to go through?

MechaPilot

Explorer
If someone is perfect for for a role and you change one single thing, then that person is no longer perfect for that role. Perfection is like that.

Not really. According to her own words, the casting people said Judy Garland was "perfect" for the role of Dorothy, and then they went about changing her nose and several other aspects of her appearance. Some people just use the word "perfect" imperfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads