Gah! It's gonna be a long year for Packer fans...

kenobi65

First Post
There are only a few real obsessions for me: gaming, Star Wars, and the Green Bay Packers.

And this looks like it's gonna be a bad year for the third one.

0-2, with things not looking any better in the next few weeks. Next Sunday is the Bucanneers, who are 2-0. After that, it's Carolina, who just pantsed the juggernaut Patriots.

The offensive line is really feeling the absence of Rivera and Wahle. The defense is as bad as everyone feared. Penalties are killing us. Javon Walker's out for the year. And, Favre is doing what he always does when he thinks he needs to carry the team -- forcing throws, and making poor decisions.

I've got season tickets (though I live 200 miles south of GB, it's where I grew up). I usually only get up there for one game a year, and this year, it's going to be the Bears game, on Christmas night. By then, things could be really ugly.

GlassJaw

Hero
kenobi65 said:
After that, it's Carolina, who just pantsed the juggernaut Patriots.

No way Carolina is a better team that the Pats. They just happened to the be the team that was on the field the same time the Pats decided to play one their worst games in the past 3-4 years.

Crothian

First Post
Carolina was better then the Patriots that day, and that's all that counts.

Ya, rough year for the Packers. 0-2 and they haven't even faced the good teams yet.

kenobi65

First Post
Well, the only games on the schedule that I look at and say, "well, that's an absolute loss" are Pittsburgh and Philadelphia (and maybe Cincinnati, if they keep playing like they have been). Then again, there isn't a single game that I can look at and say, "well, they should win that one." Right now, it looks like 8-8 could well win the NFC North...but I'm not convinced the Pack can even get that far.

Unless they start to show signs of life by the end of this season, I think Favre'll hang it up, too. Which means they'll probably be even worse in '06.

The good news is that, in today's NFL, it's entirely possible to rebound quickly, if you've got a strong front office. The bad news is that I'm not yet convinced that the new front office is particularly good. Sherman wasn't cut out to hold both jobs, and they had a bunch of weak drafts, which is largely what got them into this situation.

Last March, I ran into a Packers scout while laying over in the Cincinnati airport (he was flying back to GB from a pre-draft scouting trip). Said scout was very excited about the Pack finally having a full-time GM once more in Ted Thompson. It'll take a year or two to see if things improve.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
GlassJaw said:
No way Carolina is a better team that the Pats. They just happened to the be the team that was on the field the same time the Pats decided to play one their worst games in the past 3-4 years.

The Pats just got pwned! :D

I tells ya, it's payback for the Super Bowl loss! :]

reveal

Adventurer
I'm sorry for your loss. Oh wait, no I'm not. ;)

nfl_chicago_bears.gif

Crothian

First Post
I think this will be Brett Favre's last year as well. THe Packers can make the playoffs since no one else in that division is going to be good and it mioght be a 7 win team.

Yep!

0-2. Green Bay's Done.

Purple all the way!!! (Wait. HOW MANY PICKS?!?!?!?!????!!!??!!!!).

OK.

Lions all the WAY! (Wait, we're talking Detroit & Harrington here. Sorry my bad).

Bears BABY!

But, eventually they'll remember that they are the Bears (and a Chicago Sports Franchise without both Bulls & Jordan in their title) and implode somehow.

Basically, the NFC North is whichever team stinks the least. And man are they fighting to see who can stink more.

Look to either Chicago/Green Bay to get in the playoffs by teh simple fact they are the least suckiest of a bunch of sucky teams.

Vraille F Darkfang (see I've put in an 'F' to cut down on those VD giggles (Stares at Reveal), stuck in Chiefs territory. Always close, never. quite. making. it.

kenobi65

First Post
Vraille Darkfang said:
stuck in Chiefs territory.

Hey, they won a Super Bowl, at least. Granted, it was in 1970...

Can't think of the Chiefs without remembering one of my all-time favorite commercials:

"Looks great. But...who are the Chefs?"

"Great googly moogly!"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases