• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Galactic Empire: Serving the New Order(Full)

Veritas

First Post
Well, Rannick would rather hand Dralon to the Rancors and watch the fun they have with him, but currently, his training is saying "You're in charge right now, not him. So, take charge and do what a commander is supposed to do."

If the Admiral lets Rannick off and for some reason lets Dralon off too, I'll make my next command decision and shoot Dralon myself. I was gonna let the General on the surface take his chunk outa the man's hide, but it doesn't look like he's gonna get that chance, so now I don't have a problem blasting him. Maybe I'll send the general his head. :)

doghead

thotd
Devlin's doing his best to bail Rannick out old son. Not for any noble reasons, he just figures that the best way to keep himself out of the way of the brown stuff is to make this about Dralon and Rannick. Dralon the bad guy. Rannick the good.

Pretty much how I remember it happening anyways - although I seem to remember Devlin offering to help out with the 'questioning' of the private at the time. Not something he plans to bring up however.

As for a new character, I have three ideas

* Stormtrooper! I think that there are too many chiefs anyways. And one solitary stormtrooper seems a little ... forlorn.

* Dark Jedi - just sounds cool. I don't see Dark jedi's as *necessarily* evil. I don't do psychopaths anyway. The way I see it, Dark Jedi just don't hold to the Jedi's belief that using the force to kill is bad. Lightsaber good, force bad? Can you spell hypocracy. Use your anger.

* Devlin - He's ok. Can't shoot for *brown stuff*. But has one advantage. Doesn't need a generating. As I don't have any of the books, that might be the deciding factor.

thotd.

Veritas

First Post
Thing is, being a CompForce stooge, he's all about honor and loyalty and all the Empire's glory crap. And it's been hammered into his skull that no matter what, the commander is the commander and those under his command are his responsibility.

But he's not stupid. He knows that the Admiral knows Dralon was the one that messed up, 'cause the orders for him to take command came directly from him. So, he knows that he's likely safe from all blame, but he's not hiding behind that fool Dralon. He's counting on the Admiral taking his show of solidarity in the right light, as what was necessary for him to do as commander.

It'd be cowardly and inappropriate of him to stand up and say "He did it! It was him!! I had nothing to do with it!!" heh. ;)

Well the idea I have for my character is a stormtrooper who has a personal taste for martial arts and close combat. Maybe a little too much as the knife fighting gouges in his armor can attest.

Here we go, Bruck Dravvad Stormtrooper; Soldier 3 for approval.

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Bruck Dravvad
[B]Class:[/B] Soldier 3
[B]Race:[/B] Human	
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male

[B]Str:[/B] 15 +2      [B]Level:[/B] 3        [B]XP:[/B] 3000
[B]Dex:[/B] 14 +2      [B]BAB:[/B] +3         [B]WP:[/B] 11
[B]Con:[/B] 11 +0      [B]Grapple:[/B] +5     [B]VP:[/B] XXX (3d10+0)
[B]Int:[/B] 10 +0      [B]Speed:[/B] 8m      [B]Current VP/WP:[/B] XX/11
[B]Wis:[/B] 12 +1      [B]Init:[/B] +2        [B]Force Points:[/B] 3
[B]Cha:[/B] 11 +0      [B]ACP:[/B] -2         [B]Reputation:[/B] +1

[B]Base  Class Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Defense:[/B]            10    +4    +2    +0    +0    +0    16
[B]Touch:[/B] 16              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 14
[B]Armor DR:[/B] 5

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      3    +0          +3
[B]Ref:[/B]                       1    +2          +3
[B]Will:[/B]                      1    +1          +2

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage  Range   Critical[/B]
Blaster Rifle             +6        3d8     30m     19-20
Vibrodagger               +5        2d4+2   -       20
Frag Grenade              +5        4d6+1   4m(4m)  20
Combat Gloves             +5        +2      -       *
Unarmed Strike		  +5        1d4+2   -  	    20

[B]Languages:[/B]
[i]Speak:[/i] Basic
[i]Read/Write:[/i] Basic

[B]Faction Sympathies:[/B] Galactic Empire

[B]Starting Occupation:[/B] Stormtrooper

[B]Abilities:[/B] Stormtrooper Immunities, Weapon Focus(Blaster Rifle)

[B]Feats:[/B] Armor Proficiency (Light, Medium, Powered) 
	      Weapon Group Proficiency (Blaster Pistols, Blaster Rifles, Heavy Weapons, Primitive Weapons, Simple Weapons, Vibro weapons),  
              Martial Arts, Defensive Martial Arts, K'tara 

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 30      [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 6/2.5
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Demolitions                5    +0          +5
Hide                       1    +2          +3
Intimidate                 6    +1          +7
Knowledge(Tactics)         1    +0          +1
listen                     0    +1      +2  +3
Move Silently		   3	+2          +5
Spot			   0    +1      +2  +3		
Treat Injury		   6    +1          +7
Tumble			   2    +2          +4

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
Vibrodagger              200cr  1kg
Combat Gloves            200cr  1kg
Blaster Rifle		 	4.5kg Starting	
Frag Grenades (4)		2kg  Starting
Stormtrooper Armor              16kg Starting
Utility Belt                    Starting
Energy Cell (2)          20cr   -
Power Pack  (2)          50cr   .2kg

[B]Total Weight:[/B] 24.7kg      [B]Money:[/B] 2,530cr

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]               33kg   66.5kg  100kg   200kg   500kg

[B]Age:[/B] 24
[B]Height:[/B] 6'00"
[B]Weight:[/B] 215lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Blue
[B]Hair:[/B] Brown	
[B]Skin:[/B] White

[B]Appearance:[/B] Tall and lean rather then muscular Bruck's a trooper to the core. A model soldier, cold and impersonal when he has his 'bucket' on. Outside of active duty his demeanor is friendly and open with the members of his unit. His taste for hand to hand and bladed close combat has left his issued armor with a few cuts and gouges attesting to some close calls. Underneath the armor he still bares the tattooed logo and motto of his former unit across his back, a stormtrooper helmet over crossed bones and the words "All we know is killing and white uniforms - 113th Stormtrooper Battalion."

[B]Background:[/B] Raised by middle class parents on Commenor his life was never exiting enough to qualify for even the most boring of holo-docs. Seeking a change in his life he enlisted in the Imperial Armed Forces when he came of age. He got what he wanted a chance to see the galaxy and find a place to belong, along the way he found that he had a taste for and talent at the martial arts. Spending the last three years with the 113th has allowed him to hone these skills, and they along with a meticulous record full of commendations from superiors got him a transfer to the Krayts where he could put them to good use.

Last edited:

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Lift is 200kg and Push is 500kg. ;)
Nice to see another trooper. No mistaking this groups intentions now. :D

I can see it now...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Bewildered Planetary Govener: "What? You just want to take coring sample of the geological strata underneath the power plant?"
Rannik: Yessir, the Imperial Surveying Battallion takes it's duties seriously.
Bewildered Planetary Govener: "Sure, okay. I'm always willing to help out the Imperial Surveyors... umm... One question: why do you have stormtroopers with you?
Rannik: Uhh... they... scare the rats away?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

dead_radish

Explorer
"Besides, their armor is easy to clean off, and hard to bite through!"

Doghead: AMG has said no Dark Jedi, so that makes that choice easier. FS is fine, but no Jedi, and no sabers. :) For Sri, I'm assuming he doesn't even know he's FS - he just knows that his focusing exercises often make him much more accurate and aware of attacks(Battlemind and Enhance Ability), and strength of will can overcome any minor wounds (Heal Self). I don't ever see him using the force actively.... Personally, I'd like Devlin to stay with us - we have quickly shifted from officer heavy to officer light (or less), which could be a concern. ;)

If Rannick stays around, though, that would fix some of it.....

Doghead:

Before I can post in the IC thread just yet, I'll need to know if you want to keep Devlin around or not. There's no problem at all if you want to keep him around, just need to know one way or the other for the Admiral's next comments. :)

And ImperialMilitary:

Overall, Bruck looks good. I haven't had a chance for a detailed look over the stats yet, but a once over looks good. I'll get your Vitality rolled up and a more detailed look done later tonight after I pick up some family from the airport. :)

Last edited:

dead_radish

Explorer
Doghead, you can also take over Joric if you'd like - he's also an officer, and a bit better with a gun (not much, but...) and has spiffy force powers....

doghead

thotd
I do like the force powers. Sri would be pretty close to the character I would make as a Stormtrooper. I like the 'mental focus' take on the force skills. But not knowing exactly what they do, its easier to stear clear of them for the moment.

So unless something else works better for you AMG, I'll stay with Devlin. He also fills the Diplomacy gap.

thotd.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads