WotC Gale Force 9 Sues WotC [Updated]

In the second lawsuit against WotC in recent weeks (Dragonlance authors Margaret Weis and Tracy...

In the second lawsuit against WotC in recent weeks (Dragonlance authors Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman sued the company for breach of contract and other things about a month ago), Gale Force 9 is suing the company for breach of contract and implied duty of good faith.

Gale Force 9 produces miniatures, cards, DM screens, and other D&D accessories. They’re asking for damages of nearly a million dollars, as well as an injunction to prevent WotC from terminating the licensing contract.

From the suit, it looks like WotC wanted to end a licensing agreement a year early. When GF9 didn't agree to that, WotC indicated that they would refuse to approve any new licensed products from GF9. It looks like the same sort of approach they took with Weis and Hickman, which also resulted in a lawsuit. The dispute appears to relate to some product translations in non-US markets. More information as I hear it!

82F5CC89-D584-42F3-9D27-E35366456FAD.jpeg

UPDATE. GF9's CEO, Jean-Paul Brisigotti, spoke to ICv2 and said: "After twelve years of working with Wizards, we find ourselves in a difficult place having to utilize the legal system to try and resolve an issue we have spent the last six months trying to amicably handle between us without any success. We still hope this can be settled between us but the timeline for a legal resolution has meant we have been forced to go down this path at this time."

GF9_Logo_Starfield.jpg

Zardnaar

Legend
Ok. I mean we can play the Monty Python Yorshireman “I was glad of the price of a cuppa tea” sketch all day.

While that kind of lifestyle is laudable. It’s not normal and beyond the desire or experience of most people.

They did say I assume NZ isn't that different. IDK how it works overseas but a lot of it was via government funds. Public school system involved camping trips and there's was lots of leadership/motivational/confidence building type courses available if you're a student/unemployed.

Outward Bound, Spirit of Adventure (sailing ship),cubs, scouts etc. All you had to do was turn up. Pretty much everyone got to do it if you want to.

Zardnaar

Legend
Now I wish I had the time to create my own D&D world. I could name it First and the PC could run around solving First world problems.

I kind of had a satire idea of that for Keep on the Borderlands.

First World Problems D&D

You can go to ye olde admissions office at Magic Academy and demand free fees.

If you don't get it you can kill the admissions office and loot the place.

Remove ads

Remove ads