Game Boxes for BRPG

heruca

Explorer
Battlegrounds Games has a new business line: publishing digital conversions of previously-published boardgames and wargames.

The first two Game Boxes for BRPG have recently been released. They are both based on classic, long-out-of-print games from Task Force Games. Click on each picture below for information about each Game Box, including preview pictures.

These Game Boxes are exclusively for use with Battlegrounds: RPG Edition (BRPG) virtual tabletop software. You can download the first 10 pages of each game's rulebook, to learn more details about the game and to see if it peaks your interest.

I've long maintained that BRPG was a viable virtual tabletop platform not just for RPGs, but also for many boardgames and wargames. These Game Boxes will hopefully prove that, and also serve as examples for BRPG users wishing to create their own digital game conversions, or for game designers wishing to use BRPG as a prototyping and playtesting tool.

A game is no good unless you have someone to play it with. So...
This forum thread should help when it comes time to look for opponents to play Valkenburg Castle with.
This forum thread should help when it comes time to look for opponents to play Asteroid Zero-Four with.

A note to any game designers and publishers who might be reading this:
The Game Boxes shown above are just the first couple of games in what I hope will eventually become a large library of game titles available for BRPG. If you would like to see your game published in digital format for use with BRPG, please contact me via email.

heruca

Explorer
Although technically not a Game Box (since it's not in artpack format and doesn't include a rulebook PDF), I have also released a digital conversion I made of the Aliens Boardgame, by Leading Edge Games.

Click here for details and to download the files.

heruca

Explorer
A new map and variant rules for the Aliens Boardgame are now available as a free add-on for Battlegrounds. Click here for details and screenshots.

heruca

Explorer
I've also released a free digital conversion I made of the Zombie Plague boardgame, by Hackwerks Games.

Click here for details and to download the files.

heruca

Explorer
I've just released the digital conversion I made of the "Close Assault" wargame, by S. Craig Taylor.

Click here for details and screenshots, and to download the files.

And I forgot to mention it before, but last month I also released a new digital game conversion for BRPG, based on the classic Tom Wham game, "Search for the Emperor's Treasure". Click here for details.

heruca

Explorer
What are you referring to by "this"? The BRPG software? Or the digital game conversion I just announced?

Both should work on Windows 7, but some users have reported that the latest beta releases of BRPG (v1.5a and v1.5b) are reporting the version number as incorrectly as "v1.5" during launch.

For troubleshooting assistance, email me at:
support at battlegroundsgames dot com.

Be sure to mention exactly what isn't working for you.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases