• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Game of Death

Macbrea

First Post
Ok, ran the html through HTML Tidy it is now HTML 3.2 compliant. This has allowed me to view it in I.E. 6.0, Opera, and Netscape 6.2. This has stripped any comment code and added all needed Alt statements to images. At this point not sure what else I can do to make it work on the mac. Try it now.

Macbrea

First Post
wonder if its a factor with macs and linux that those are jpgs and the picture of the person is a gif.

What is the most universal format for pictures?

Agnostic Paladin

First Post
Well, jpg is meant to be used for things like photographs. I supose high-quality artwork like Klaus' illustrations would qualify, but at 25x25 there's not a lot of detail to see anyhow. gif and png are, imo, the main image format for the net. I personally prefer png for all the reasons that people have, but since you've got to deal with people who insist on using really old (3.x or less of whatever) and horribly broken (N 4.X) browsers, you can't really use png much.

Macbrea

First Post
hmm, what to do. I have it working under I.E. 5.5, 6.0 And Netscape 6.2.....gah.

Ok, I need word from my players on wether they can see it. I am not going to change it if all my players can see it now. I just refuse to fight with it too much.

Macbrea

First Post
The map should appear as a series of channels at ground level (sand tan). With darker ledge blocks mixed in amongst the sand. If you cannot see that and Are a player please tell me.

The picture once you get it should be pretty obvious.

As for those people running netscape 4.5.....they are upto version 6.2. I do not wish to code back before HTML 3.2 compliant browser. If you are seeing img for squares then your browser is unable to display jpgs. I can change them to bmp but this will increase the load times from 1k images to 40k images per block.

Number47

First Post
Sorry I didn't respond back earlier. ENWorld seemed to be having glitches itself. I updated EVERYTHING for my browser. It now works, but I'm not sure if it is because of what I did or because of what you did. Either way, you can now check me off on the "works" column. By the way, has everybody got in some icons for their characters? Or is everyone simply going to go with "factory installed"?

Conaill

First Post
GOT IT!

Seems like the problem is with empty <td></td> blocks. If you just put a <br> in between, the background images show up just fine.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads