GAME OF THRONES #4:Oathkeeper ACT 43 Chapter 4-2014

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Oathkeeper
Jon welcomes volunteers; Bran, Jojen, Meera and Hodor seek shelter; Jaime and Brienne discuss his honor; Daenerys balances justice and mercy.

16c93c82bddf46a2c6ec6ee0bbf5c4dd.jpg

Running Theme--All Men Must Die: *Slave Masters on the Crosses.*.

Last edited:

Interesting revelation there at the end; it was something I've long suspected but has not been confirmed in the books.

On the other hand ... [Book & TV spoilers follow]

[sblock]With the whole of the book series to draw from, did they really need to invent Jon Snow's expedition to Craster's as well as Bran's capture by the mutineers? Now it seems like they're padding a story that doesn't need padding.[/sblock]

Interesting revelation there at the end; it was something I've long suspected but has not been confirmed in the books.
It isn't confirmed, but kind of hinted at.

On the other hand ... [Book & TV spoilers follow]

[sblock]With the whole of the book series to draw from, did they really need to invent Jon Snow's expedition to Craster's as well as Bran's capture by the mutineers? Now it seems like they're padding a story that doesn't need padding.[/sblock]
From my understanding, season four has parts of book three, four and possibly five. If you've read the books, you know book four is the slowest book. I'm guessing they are going to be adding a few things here and there to make up for the slow parts of book four.

Ahnehnois

First Post
This episode may have been the strongest they pushed the idea of couples of wildly different age. Of course, it's a part of history (and still a part of life for some), but the whole Littlefinger/Sansa dynamic and the Margaery/Tommen introduction both took a new turn towards the creepy.

The final scene of the episode was a bit unexpected...that's good! I like that they can sometimes surprise me with the show. It was also interesting that they actually confirmed who committed the poisoning (not trying to give away spoilers or anything)...I don't recall if they ever confirmed that in the books or if it was just hinted at.

The Walkers though...I'm enjoying how more and more it seems that Martin is dipping into the folklore regarding the Sidhe, the Seelie, and the Unseelie. The Walkers certainly remind me of Unseelie Sidhe, especially with the legends of them stealing children and replacing them with changelings.

Ahnehnois

First Post
Things that I am surprised to learn:

The guy running Craster's place is the same guy who plays the British leader on "Turn". I watched the pilot for Turn and this episode of GoT within 12 hours of each other and I had no idea.

The guy who's taken up with Jon Snow is apparently the same guy who cut off Jaime's hand and works for the Boltons. I guess that was supposed to be known to the viewers, but I did not track that at all.

This episode may have been the strongest they pushed the idea of couples of wildly different age. Of course, it's a part of history (and still a part of life for some), but the whole Littlefinger/Sansa dynamic and the Margaery/Tommen introduction both took a new turn towards the creepy.
If you thought that was creepy, I suggest you don't read the books. Far worse stuff goes on in there.

Ahnehnois

First Post
If you thought that was creepy, I suggest you don't read the books. Far worse stuff goes on in there.
I figure that is the case; I understand that many of the child characters have been aged up for the screen.

But for all the talk about Jamie forcing himself on his sister, I find the idea of a grown woman seducing Tommen far more disturbing.

The Walkers though...I'm enjoying how more and more it seems that Martin is dipping into the folklore regarding the Sidhe, the Seelie, and the Unseelie. The Walkers certainly remind me of Unseelie Sidhe, especially with the legends of them stealing children and replacing them with changelings.
I read an article a while back where Martin mentioned that his idea of the white walkers was closer to the Sidhe, but made of ice or something like that. They are actually supposed to be beautiful, but they were changed, for some reason, for the show. Actully, it seems they have been changed in the show as well. The first shot of a white walker we see was in an early season. I think it may have been season one or two? Then they showed another shot of a white walker riding by Sam which was different than the first one shown. This latest version seems closer to the one that Sam saw, but with some changes. I'm betting the next time we see them they'll look like Ben Affleck dressed as Batman but made of ice.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases