Gameday Feedback

Thanks to everyone that came to the gameday. I hope you all had as much fun as I did. Special thanks to Queen D, The Universe, and Xath for helping to organize and run the thing.

We'd like to re-institute this as a semi-annual occurrance, so feedback on the event would be greatly appreciated. Just post here, or can email me at jckline at gmail dot com if you'd prefer. And keep an eye out at www.dcgameday.com, on the General Forum here at ENWorld and at the Hypogeum forum at CM for information on the Spring DC Gameday.

Cassander

First Post
I'd like to thank everyone who ran this for setting this up so well. I and many others had a great time. Look forward to another one.

As for feedback, everything seemed to go pretty well. The slots seemed well timed, though 5 hours might be good as well. The room was loud, but that's to be expected. It's hard to get a setting with one main area and lots of little rooms.

I also notice that people on ENWorld tend to run games at Gencon... I was wondering if a lot of us would be playing and running in ENWorld games at the D&D Experience this year since it'll be in the DC area in Crystal City this year.

lericson

First Post
More Praise

Thanks to the organizers for the Gameday. I had a great time and am looking forward to the next gathering. I think the room was perfect, the number of games was perfect, and the overall support was perfect. I don't think I would suggest any changes.

I know there was mention of another Gameday in the March 2008 timeframe. I'd love to see one happen sooner than that.

I had a wonderful time at the gameday. I got to spend time with some great friends and meet some new ones.

Not only that, I got to play in two fantastic games. The Dread system works even better than I anticipated and Cutter's Deadlands game was seriously amazing.

Next time around, I think that it would be good to spend some time setting up the tables instead of just calling tables as a free-for-all. That way, you can spread them out as far apart as possible. Additionally, next time, there will be NO Famous Luigi's after the last session. ;)

Keep your eyes open for the March (probably) DC Gameday! As soon as we have a firm date, we'll let y'all know and we can start the planning process all over again! :D

reveal

Adventurer
I, too, had a great time. Both games I was in were awesome and a lot of fun. Thanks to Cutter and Rodrigo for running great games. :)

Yeah, I meant to do tent-cards for the tables. But when I went to get the keys, people were already starting to show, so I left them to their own devices while I went back upstairs to start ferrying chairs and food down.

When I scouted it out a couple months ago, there were more of the long brown folding tables in the corridor by the kitchen. Not sure where they disappeared too; I suppose they might have removed stuff while they were renovating. The round tables weren't as big as I remembered, either.

I was actually rather pleased with the noise level. I think it compared favorably to the various rooms at UMd and GenCon I've played in. I never felt like I was competing to be heard, either as a player or DM. Both sessions I was at the extreme ends of the room, though, so maybe it was worse in the middle.

So, what do people think about the number of games? Should we try and squeeze a couple more tables in next time, or was 6 about right?

CarlZog

Explorer
Just got home. I had an awesome time!

Thanks to everybody who helped work on this and host it.

The room worked out great, and the games were incredibly fun.

Looking forward to doing it again.

Carl

Psion

Adventurer
Again thanks to all the organizers and the GMs, and for that matter, the players.

5 hour slots is an idea I would welcome as well, though I can see it doesn't leave you much room to maneuver. I certainly wouldn't want shorter slots.

madwabbit

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
I was actually rather pleased with the noise level. I think it compared favorably to the various rooms at UMd and GenCon I've played in. I never felt like I was competing to be heard, either as a player or DM. Both sessions I was at the extreme ends of the room, though, so maybe it was worse in the middle.

So, what do people think about the number of games? Should we try and squeeze a couple more tables in next time, or was 6 about right?
Sure, I think we could squeeze in a couple of extra game slots, even if it's one per session (but no more than 2 more per session, I think), and still be good. There were two tables not in use (if you include the candy table) and about 8-10 chairs also not being used, and there was plenty of open space between all the tables.

Plus, as word gets out, we'll likely have more people attending as well.

--tom

Remove ads