Gameday Feedback

The_Universe

First Post
madwabbit said:
Sure, I think we could squeeze in a couple of extra game slots, even if it's one per session (but no more than 2 more per session, I think), and still be good. There were two tables not in use (if you include the candy table) and about 8-10 chairs also not being used, and there was plenty of open space between all the tables.

Plus, as word gets out, we'll likely have more people attending as well.

--tom
I think, in the current space, we could add 2 games and still be comfortable. The "Candy table's" functions could be assumed by the finished kitchen area, freeing up that space for a game. As Madwabbit notes, we could probably fit in at least one other game with some creative space use.

I think the 4.5 hour sessions worked pretty well, especially considering the start times on some of the games. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to 5 hour sessions in the future if we thought we could start at 0900 instead of 0930.

Dungannon

First Post
I want to thank everyone for making my first GameDay experience an enjoyable one. Special thanks to madwabbit and Cassander for running the two games I played and making them a fun time.

One more game slot shouldn't be too hard to fit in, and I know even another half-hour of gametime would've been beneficial to both my games, especially SotC.

John Crichton

First Post
My thanks to the GM's that ran, not just the games I played in.

I liked the space. It was comfy and not too hard to find. I am planning on attending again if the March GD happens.

Xath and rebel scum are awesome hosts as they put up no less than 5 people for two nights. Special shout out to The_Universe and Queen_D.

Next time I'll have to get more than 90 minutes of sleep before playing...

I had a great time, meeting new people and saying hi to lots of old friends. Big thanks to Cutter & Rodrigo for their games, I had a great time! Thanks to Xath & Rebel Scum for letting me crash on their floor along with the rest of the cool kids.

Most of all, thanks to Rodrigo & Danger Girl (and everyone else who helped organize things) for pulling off a great gameday!

Dire Wolf

First Post
I thought the venue was perfect for the gameday, it was comfortable, the noise level was not bad at all, bathroom was right there, and there were plenty of food choices for lunch nearby. Excellent choice.

I think the 4.5 hour time slots are good, if you expand the slots I think the games would just expand with them and end up going over anyways. It seemed like we worked it out well where there was enough time to get the games wrapped up and at the end of the second slot there was enough time that we didn't scramble to get the place cleaned up.

Have to do something different with dinner next time, but everything else was great!

The_Universe

First Post
Dire Wolf said:
I think the 4.5 hour time slots are good, if you expand the slots I think the games would just expand with them and end up going over anyways. It seemed like we worked it out well where there was enough time to get the games wrapped up and at the end of the second slot there was enough time that we didn't scramble to get the place cleaned up.
I feel the same way. As someone who is absolutely terrible at blocking out time for gameday sessions of any length (7.5 hours for a 4 hour game? That's me!), I can completely understand that it sucks to feel like you're rushing to get to the end of something because of time constraints. That said, I at least try to plan for the time I'm given...if it's a 4.5 hour session, I try to fill that time. If it's a 5 hour session, I try to do the same. So, in essence, no matter how long the session is, there's a good chance I'm going to go over. The key is to ensure that the session length is a known quantity, and either A) your GM can plan well for that, or B) you don't really care if you lose out on some lunch/dinner time. ;)

I think the perceived problem with the game length had a lot to do with the late start most games got...we didn't start the Deadlands game until a little after 10am, which knocked another 35-45 minutes off of the total play time. If we had started promptly, things would have wrapped up right on time.

Maybe next time, 10-2 morning, 4-8 evening? A longer lunch gap for those that run over, plenty of time to eat for those that want to eat at a real restaurant, and a better chance for everyone to get back in time for the later games?

I know I wouldn't have minded an extra half hour in the morning for setup. Next time at the least I'll try to sweet talk them into letting me have the key a little early.

madwabbit

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Maybe next time, 10-2 morning, 4-8 evening? A longer lunch gap for those that run over, plenty of time to eat for those that want to eat at a real restaurant, and a better chance for everyone to get back in time for the later games?

I know I wouldn't have minded an extra half hour in the morning for setup. Next time at the least I'll try to sweet talk them into letting me have the key a little early.
10-2, 4-8... I think that's perfect. Also, this time, I will happily come early to help. I couldn't this time because of kid-related stuff in the morning, but I will definitely be there early to help next time (assuming it's there, of course).

I'll talk to my folks here at the Plan B location, but I really think the party room there is Teh Shiznet for this.

--tom

The_Universe

First Post
Lunch and Thanks

After talking to Scott (Rel) a little bit last night, I'm wondering if we shouldn't consider ordering pizza during the lunch break. Give people a chance to request how much they'll want before the lunch break, and then order enough to make that happen.

I want to give special thanks to Liz (Queen_Dopplepopolis/DangerGirl!), Bob (bretbo), Tom (madwabbit) and Rich (Cthulhu's Librarian) for donating the items we gave away during the raffle. It was nice to be able to knock some of the cost off of the room rental for Rodrigo, and you guys were instrumental in ensuring that we could do that.

The_Universe said:
After talking to Scott (Rel) a little bit last night, I'm wondering if we shouldn't consider ordering pizza during the lunch break. Give people a chance to request how much they'll want before the lunch break, and then order enough to make that happen.

I want to give special thanks to Liz (Queen_Dopplepopolis/DangerGirl!), Bob (bretbo), Tom (madwabbit) and Rich (Cthulhu's Librarian) for donating the items we gave away during the raffle. It was nice to be able to knock some of the cost off of the room rental for Rodrigo, and you guys were instrumental in ensuring that we could do that.

Yes, Rodrigo appreciates that very much, too :)

I'd considered the pizza thing, too. The only thing that I worried about was (well, besides not wanting to run afoul of the 'no charging $$' rules for using the room) if you had people that didn't want to participate for whatever reason, it kind of unintentionally excludes them from part of the experience. However, now that I've seen the new kitchen they've installed, I'm much more comfortable that we could accomodate 'real' food if we wanted to. Also, people that wanted to bring stuff to reheat or what have you could do so and still eat with everyone else instead of scrambling to find fast food and hurry back with take-out.

Remove ads