• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Game'n goodness in Nova Scotia?

Woas

First Post
I'll be in Nova Scotia for a short vacation. I was wondering if anyone who either lives there or knows the area at all could point me towards any cool LGS's or other such game-focused places to visit. Lemme know, I'm going real soon and would love to get some 'foreign dice' :).

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Hmmm. . . I haven't been there since 1992, though I recall a decent selection of comic shops (i wasn't much into gaming at the time). I finished up my OOP first run collection of Dark Horse's The Thing From Another World there.

Edgewood

First Post
You have Strange Adventures on Blowers Street in Halifax. There's Odyssey 2000 on Quinpool, and the old Wilkies on Robie Street. I would definately suggest Strange Adventures as they have a great collection of games and stuff. Great atmoshpere too!! When will you be rolling in??

Woas

First Post
I am doing a little Tour de' Island and up north in Digby right now. I am attending a wedding in Wolfsburg and then from there spending the next week doing a big loop around south to Halifax, then along the coast back to Yarmouth to catch "The Cat" back to Maine and then home. :)

I'll be in Halifax I believe, Sunday or Monday (8th or 9th) for a day or two. I don't have easy 'net access, as I am actually writing this all up at the Digby Public Library so won't be able to check back and forth but if I remembered correctly, the next place I am staying in Wolfsburg has WiFi in it so I'll do my best to check back in the thread.

Having a great time so far. Thanks for the info too. I'll definetly check out Strange Adventures and see if I can juggle in the other two between site-seeing and such.

Presto2112

Explorer
One caveat on Strange Adventures...

If you are anything resembling tall (6' or over), when you get to the door of the place, DUCK!

Woas

First Post
Fifth Element said:
Is there a Wolfsburg in NS? Or do you mean Wolfville?

Yes, I meant Wolfville. I'm not used to these English names being from upstate NY where we have Native American and Dutch names. So when I was typing, I was thinking Wolfville but actually wrote burg. :)

Anyway, the wedding was great and heading to Halifax tomorrow. Thansk for the advice... I'm just 6' tall so I'll make sure to look out.

Again, thanks.

Woas

First Post
Thanks for the info everyone. Halifax was a blast. Got to Strange Adventures (actually on Sackville not Blowers but I won't hold it against ya :) ) and Odyssey 2k. Couldn't find Old Wilkies.

Again, thanks!

Raptor

First Post
Wilkies was moved to Gottigen street and has been since renamed the Comic Book Lounge. IMO its the better of the stores in the Halifax area.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads