Games that you haven't run but want to [+]

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
What ideas for games/campaigns do you have in the back of your head that you haven't run but want to? Either fully-formed or half-baked? Any completely stupid ideas that you just can't shake? All of mine are setting-related but often have systems attached.
  • For D&D 3.5, I had a game set in a fantasy version of 13th century Germany that didn't quite develop, as I was prepping it during the middle of a cross-country move. I had basically gotten as far as a map and for reasons that I'm sure made sense at the time, it basically involved cutting off all of Europe outside of Germany and all of Germany north of Essen. The Danube stretched all the way from coast to coast, creating the main power in the area, the island Kingdom of Bavaria. I don't know that the game would have been special, but I really want to use that map sometime. It was delightfully stupid.
  • For Burning Wheel, I pitched an all-dwarf game about colonizing a remote mountain stronghold to my old group. Admittedly, I was playing a lot of Dwarf Fortress at the time, but I think that it would be pretty flexible as a starting point.
  • No system idea for this one, but I was talking with a buddy of mine earlier today, and we have a relatively longstanding in-joke about the Ogallala Aquifer being the largest submarine base in the world and America's gateway to the Pacific. There's part of me that wants to take that sort of gross misunderstanding of American geography and turn it into some sort of game, misreading other features, too (like the San Andreas and Hayward faults being lizardpeople superhighways rather than, well, fault lines).

Last edited:

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Right now? Burning Wheel, Waste World, Rolemaster Unified (waiting for Spell Law to come out), Wolves Upon the Coast, Realms of Peril, and Adventure Perilous.

Greg K

Legend
Games I want to run, but have not
  • Savage Pathfinder
  • D&D 5e
  • Fantasy Age
  • Modern Age
  • Honor + Intrigue
  • Cortex Plus (various)
  • Tinyd6 (various)
  • Atomic Highway
  • EarthAD.2

MGibster

Legend
1. Call of Cthulhu. I've been trying to find a hook, but my idea of a mobster family in 1930s Providence, RI didn't go over well. I'm thinking of setting it in the modern era and having them be a ghost hunting crew that has their own Patreon/TikTok/YouTube presence. They have day jobs, but they do paranormal investigations for the views.

2. Pendragon: I've got at least one palyer who would love it. I think some of my other players view a game of knights only as a bit constraining. And I'm not at all interested in running the game with a sorcerer as a player character.

3. Blue Planet: I almost got to run a campaign, but the behavior of one player really soured me on the experience and I cancelled it before it even started. BP has one of the most interesting and detailed settings I've ever seen, the only problem was that there's so much going on that it was difficult finding something for the PCs to do.

aramis erak

Legend
What ideas for games/campaigns do you have in the back of your head that you haven't run but want to?
Want to run for one or more of my groups...
  • DL5A
  • more alien
  • Jackals
  • RuneSlayers (formerly RuneQuest Slayers)
half-developed ideas
  • The Fractured Fantasy World: take a D&D genre setting. Blow the planet up into a Nivenesque Smoke Ring (See The Integral Trees for more)
  • Cosmic Patrol/Buck Rogers/Flash Gordon type setting. plus wormholes.

Reynard

Legend
I really want to run a full meta D&D game where the characters all know they are PCs in a game and can use their "Out of Character" rules knowledge to its fullest a la Order of the Stick. In the perfect version of this game it is played in a campaign that moves through the Editions from OD&D thru the present with a pit stop in Pathfinder.

Last edited:

Remove ads