Gaming Accessories

reveal

Adventurer
When it comes to gaming, there are more items at the table than just books, dice, and character sheets; especially if you’re playing D&D. Over the last few years, I’ve acquired a lot extraneous gaming accessories; some I still use and some I don’t. It doesn’t take much for me to stop using accessories I’ve bought. If it’s not easy to use or doesn’t perform as advertised, it goes into the “should have never bought that” pile. Here are the accessories we use regularly at my table and a quick review of each.

Read more at http://rpgcentric.com/?p=18

Crothian

First Post
Not bad, but a little less of a mini focus would be cool. Green Ronin has Deck of Many Things and Deck of Illusions. Someone puts out the Bag of Tricks that's real good. Piazo has their Harrow deck. There are the Campaign Coins. I like my accessories that also double as in game props. :D

reveal

Adventurer
Not bad, but a little less of a mini focus would be cool. Green Ronin has Deck of Many Things and Deck of Illusions. Someone puts out the Bag of Tricks that's real good. Piazo has their Harrow deck. There are the Campaign Coins. I like my accessories that also double as in game props. :D
That's why I'm only posting things that I use. I don't have the cards. ;)

kenobi65

First Post
I thought I'd remembered reading somewhere here on EN World that the reason Tact-Tiles are no longer available is that the manufacturer could no longer find someone to do the cutting and etching of the boards -- IIRC, they were borrowing someone's machinery to do this, and no longer had access to that machinery. (Then again, my memory may be faulty....)

Crothian

First Post
I thought I'd remembered reading somewhere here on EN World that the reason Tact-Tiles are no longer available is that the manufacturer could no longer find someone to do the cutting and etching of the boards -- IIRC, they were borrowing someone's machinery to do this, and no longer had access to that machinery. (Then again, my memory may be faulty....)

There was also a rumor that said they couldn't make them for as cheap as they were first able to. Who's to say what the real reason was? :-S

Gnome Stewart

First Post
There was also a rumor that said they couldn't make them for as cheap as they were first able to. Who's to say what the real reason was? :-S

Whatever the reason, it's mystifying to me that no one has picked up this idea and run with it. Tact-Tiles are awesome, and every GM I've ever showed mine to has wanted a set. They're one of my most-used game aids by far.

The idea is golden, and with better marketing than they had I don't see how they could fail. Get them into stores (online/off/both), send out some review sets, go to GenCon and Origins every year -- it seems like it'd be the gaming equivalent of printing your own money. ;)

Remove ads