• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming: December & January

BSF

Explorer
We are rushing toward the holiday season as well as end of semester for most of you. Also during this time of year, I end up celebrating many birthdays (3 between now and Christmas within my family alone. I have several friends with birthdays between now and then as well.) As a result, scheduling for gaming starts to become iffy.

Speaking of Birthdays, Sage tried to slide under the radar again. His Birthday was yesterday. Happy Birthday Sage!

I am still planning on gaming on the 10th. Can everyone make that?

The 17th is no gaming. Melinda's birthday is the 16th, my mother's is the 17th.

The 24th is Christmas Eve. The 31st is New Years Eve.

Which leads us to January.

What does everybody's schedule look like? Especially yours Sage? I imagine you are going home for the holidays and will not be making the trip to Albuquerque to game. :)

Overall, we are at a good point to run sessions with only part of the group. Everyone is heading off to the city and there are smaller things we can do with that. The only big problem is that you are going to be split between places. but we can try to resolve that as well.

Last edited:

Tormal

First Post
Well as I stated earlier work is torturing me with my own schedule and I'm still looking for some relief w/ this friday. Hopefully it wll be returned to the way it was by the new year. Until then I will most likely be moderatly late for each session that is run unless, of course, I can find a swap or if my Sup. will let me leave early. Regradless I plan on showing up this friday.

Tormal

First Post
Well I'm sure I made mention of it before but i'm back to a friday/saturday off schedule finally so I'm good until further notice. I'm going to be out March 4th because Megen and I are going to get married sooner then we had said on the 5th! Everyone should be getting your invitations this next friday. No No, there's no reason other then the fact that we want to - So don't think it :p Anyway, thought i'd let everyone know!

Tormal

First Post
Kultar said:

Yeah, that is really kind of sad too. Not the response per se but what has taught you to think it. The fact that society has taught us the only way a young couple can come together is if something dire happens. True, it is only a judgment passed on from history and past experiences but that doesn't mean it's an automatic happening either. On the other side it's sad that so many live up to those stereotypes too. But you can't just assume because so many other people live up to it that EVERYONE is. Don't think that when a young person makes a serious decision quicker then most that it was not their decision to make. Just because a two people may not fall in with societal norms doesn't necessarily mean they are being forced together. The same thing applies to a number of things. This is where many make themselves look like a jackass – beware!

In any case I’m not mad or anything I just had a long day @ work. I needed to dump some stress off. So there. :)

Oh, and if you don't believe me i'll remember this conversation in a year! :p

Last edited:

Kultar

First Post
I have no doubt that you will remember it and I suppose that I should be glad that I helped you to get rid of your stress even though the comment was made in jest. Sorry if it offended you.

Last edited:

Tormal

First Post
No no, it didn't! In any case I think it's funny you used jest in a sentence.... I'm gonna start. You don't hear it much nowadays...

Macbeth

First Post
Okay, work is hell. I don't know if I'm going to make it tonight, cause I've got a metric ton of work to do. Ugh. I'll try and post with a definate plan, but if I'm not there, don't worry.

Macbeth

First Post
It's looking very unlikely that I'll get to leave work at a reasonable hour. One of my coworkers had the 'brilliant' idea of rewiring everything in a 'fool-proof' system. Unfortunately said system turns out to have horrible leak between audio channels, and it becomes a huge feedback loop at the drop of a hat. And the guy who designed it decided that he was too depressed after breaking up with his girlfriend to actually help troubleshoot it, leaving a couple of my cowroekers and myself to get this mess ready for class on Monday. Ugh. I'd rather be gaming. Sorry to miss 2 seesions in a row, I should be good for next week.

BSF

Explorer
OK it is worth noting that the boards are getting ready to go down and be upgraded. During that process, the boards will still be active, but the cut-off point for posts being transferred over is tonight. Once they shut down the site & copy the database, they will bring it back up, but in the next couple of days, any posts won't be saved.

So, any in-character posts need to be put up on the yahoo group (http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/citystateofstormhaven/) to count for experience. The upgrade should be complete by Sunday, so starting next week, we should be able to post here again.

Of course, posts about scheduling and the like can be posted here if you want.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads