Gaming W/Jemal - FinalFantasy D&D (Going Again!)

Jemal

Adventurer
Ethandrew - :( allright, sorry to see you go, but I guess it is a bit crowded. HF and seeya elsewhere.

Sound of Azure - That's ok, looks interesting.

Thaedrus - that's Cool. :)

Themagician - I've got a few in mind. I won't JUST be basing the summons off of FF though, I've seen some good examples of summoning in other games, and have a few uniqe ideas of my own to try for this world.

Kayista - well, in FF The love interests DO tend to get seperated from the party (Though so does everybody at some point or another). It shouldn't be a big deal, and anytime it DOEs happen, It won't last long (And while it does you get interesting RP opportunities).

As this isn't a video game, and you only have 1 character each, I'll try to keep all the characters in circulation as much as possible.

*Hmmm.. I'm seeing Tales of Symphonia mixed with FF 1, 2, 3, 7, and a little bit of Legend of Dragoon. Excellent.*

Avalon®

First Post
Barbatos Magnum - (Reformed Villain)

A notorious pirate, he has a bounty on his head of 90,000 Gil for crimes of piracy on the airways, smuggling, looting, sailing under false colors and other various crimes. He is the captain of the ship Innocence Lost, one of the most notorious flying ships in the world. Survivors of his numerous attacks calims that prior to the attack, heavy fog would surround the target ship even on clear sunny days. Interesting enough, he would always ask people if they wanted to die before actually executing them.

Arkhandus

First Post
Jemal said:
*Hmmm.. I'm seeing Tales of Symphonia mixed with FF 1, 2, 3, 7, and a little bit of Legend of Dragoon. Excellent.*

d00d!!! :D Legend of Dragoon? That's awesome. :) Do you mean in folks' backgrounds, or what you have in mind for the setting?

It's taking me time to finish coming up with character ideas, since while I was busy other folks put in character concepts for both of the archetypes I was interested in at first. :heh: So I'll have a bundle of stuff submitted over the next day or two, since I have absolutely no idea what role I'd actually be allowed to fill.

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Arkhandus said:
d00d!!! :D Legend of Dragoon? That's awesome. :) Do you mean in folks' backgrounds, or what you have in mind for the setting?

I agree. Legend of Dragoon is awesome! I wouldn't mind knowing a bit more about the setting, since it'll help me out with my proposed character's background.

It's taking me time to finish coming up with character ideas, since while I was busy other folks put in character concepts for both of the archetypes I was interested in at first. :heh:

Oops, sorry about that! :heh: :p

Arkhandus

First Post
Duh. I didn't realize at first, Kyo's background has some stuff in common with Dart's in Legend of Dragoon, heh. Prodigal swordsman, hero of a small village, tragic slaughter of his family..... He's not secretly the son of an immortal, is he? :D

Anyway.... *shuffles off to get back to work on his ideas....err.....go to sleep for a few hours first...yeeaaah.....*

Jemal

Adventurer
Avalon - Hmm, Actually I was thinking that Airships are Military only (With the exception of a couple who've 'gone rogue', such as you would've done), so if you're a pirate, you'd need a pretty damn good crew, as you'd be pirating other Military Vessels. The alternative would be to raid towns/caravans.

I'm not trying to shoot the idea, just that I want airships to be VERY Rare, and not available to civillians at all.

RE: Legend of Dragoon - It's one of my favourite RPGs of all time. First is undoubtedly FF7, followed closely (and in no particular order) by FF3, Legend of Dragoon, and Tales of Symphonia.
And yes, i've played A LOT of RPG's, so making the top 4 is big.
As to what in the campaign reminds me of it.. Well, some of the ideas I have, plus Kyo's background, and.. Uh, I know there was something else, what was it...

Arkhandus - Go ahead and submit anyways, I'm willing to have multiples of one type (With the before-mentioned exceptions).

Azure - Don't worry about too much detail, just the outline. As I said, I want us all to flesh the characters out together and make the world with them in mind.

UPDATE:
* = the characters that stand out most as me wanting them in the campaign. If you don't have a star, don't worry, those are just the ones that jump at me and say "DM ME!!!"
(Also, they may not be in the STARTING group, but characters I see being added later.)

Arkhandus - Relative/BestFriend(WarriorMage); Mascot()
*Avalon - Reformed Villain(Airship Pirate)
Brother_Allard - Relative(Uncle, Veteran)
*Caros - Main Character(Katana)
*Darimaus - *Mascot(Blink Mage); Black/Red Mage(Young Sorc)
*Kayista - Black mage(Boom); Love Interest
Shayuri - Tinker Mage
Sin - Criminal; Face
*Sound of Azure - BestFriend; *White Mage
Tailspinner - ? ; Love Interest(Ranger)
Thaedrus - Criminal or Rich Person
*TheMagician - Summoner
*Voda Vosa - Black Mage(Warlock) or Reformed Villain(Warlock)
WarlockLord - Blackmage/Rich Guy (Necromancer)

For 'Reformed Villains', btw, YOU get to pick their level. However, know that they won't be introduced until after they've fought (And probably lost to) the party, so the higher level you pick the longer till that happens.
On that note, I would actually like to have A COUPLE 'reformed villains' who can join down the road, not just one. (And 'villain' doesn't have to mean bad guy. Might just be someone who the party starts off on the wrong foot with, or is working for another organization/country at the beginning. I'm using this to refer to anybody who joins the party after fighting them). ALSO, I have one specific "Reformed Villain" That I KNOW I want in. The background would be partially written by me, but the rest is up to whoever wants to play it (Including actual character creation/stats/etc).

Please only read this if you are serious about playing it, as it's got a TINY bit of plot spoiler, he's from the country that's invading y'all.
[sblock=Southern dude]
He is a prince from the Southern country (The one that's been invading everyone). He joins the party when they discover the real reason behind the invasion, after defeating him in combat (Probably during chapter 2 or 3.). He's a naturally good person, and a patriot, but has been forced to help lead the invasion North to preserve his people and their way of life. He is also Very Talented and a lady's man.
(I'm leaving this purposely vague until whoever's playing him has been decided, then I'll fill you in on whatever details you need).
[/sblock]
Any Takers?

*BTW, I need to come up with a half dozen good Country Names, including the starting country and the Invading Country (Those are the 2 important ones). Now, since this is supposed to be interactive world building...
WILL GIVE XP FOR IDEAS!

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
I would like to be the first stone in their way, if I have the luck of beein chosen.
Here is a picture of Mun-Thot, just imagine there is not a horned helmet =P

Attachments

• rlodge_warlock.jpg
    rlodge_warlock.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 67

Avalon®

First Post
Jemal said:
Avalon - Hmm, Actually I was thinking that Airships are Military only (With the exception of a couple who've 'gone rogue', such as you would've done), so if you're a pirate, you'd need a pretty damn good crew, as you'd be pirating other Military Vessels. The alternative would be to raid towns/caravans.

I'm not trying to shoot the idea, just that I want airships to be VERY Rare, and not available to civillians at all.

UPDATE:
* = the characters that stand out most as me wanting them in the campaign. If you don't have a star, don't worry, those are just the ones that jump at me and say "DM ME!!!"
(Also, they may not be in the STARTING group, but characters I see being added later.)

*Avalon - Reformed Villain(Airship Pirate) :D

For 'Reformed Villains', btw, YOU get to pick their level. However, know that they won't be introduced until after they've fought (And probably lost to) the party, so the higher level you pick the longer till that happens.
On that note, I would actually like to have A COUPLE 'reformed villains' who can join down the road, not just one. (And 'villain' doesn't have to mean bad guy. Might just be someone who the party starts off on the wrong foot with, or is working for another organization/country at the beginning. I'm using this to refer to anybody who joins the party after fighting them). ALSO, I have one specific "Reformed Villain" That I KNOW I want in. The background would be partially written by me, but the rest is up to whoever wants to play it (Including actual character creation/stats/etc).

Please only read this if you are serious about playing it, as it's got a TINY bit of plot spoiler, he's from the country that's invading y'all.
[sblock=Southern dude]
He is a prince from the Southern country (The one that's been invading everyone). He joins the party when they discover the real reason behind the invasion, after defeating him in combat (Probably during chapter 2 or 3.). He's a naturally good person, and a patriot, but has been forced to help lead the invasion North to preserve his people and their way of life. He is also Very Talented and a lady's man.
(I'm leaving this purposely vague until whoever's playing him has been decided, then I'll fill you in on whatever details you need).
[/sblock]
Any Takers?

*BTW, I need to come up with a half dozen good Country Names, including the starting country and the Invading Country (Those are the 2 important ones). Now, since this is supposed to be interactive world building...
WILL GIVE XP FOR IDEAS!

Jemal, what do you plan on using as flying ships? Eberronian ones or those from the Arms and Equipment Guide.

As for being a rogue captain, no prob. I'm planning on letting him take the binder class from ToM. Would that be allowed?

Jemal

Adventurer
OK... On second thought, SCREW IT you're ALL invited. RPG games tend to have a large cast, why not 14? (15 if our 'mystery guest', Aurican, shows up).
(Ethandrew, since I've decided this, if you want to pop back in, feel free. As I said, I'm ok with 2 white mages, or whatever, with the previous mentioned exceptions).

SO, here's how It's gonna work :
By Monday I'll pick the starting 6. Guaranteed in the starting six ARE:
Main Character - Caros
Black mage and/Or love interest - Kayista
White mage - Sound of Azure (Frida)

Three open slots TBD. One will be the Relative roll. either the Uncle(aluf) or maybe Arkhandus' if he submits a better fit (though I must admit I like Brother_allard's concept.. I see it as sort of a 'more experienced but with less potential' relative of the main char.)

BTW, Darimaus is the Mascot, but he won't be in the 'starting' group. (Any probs with that, Darimaus? Would you rather play the young mage?)

*This is all Assuming you all still wanna play those*

For the rest of you, I need to ask if you're OK with waiting anywhere from a couple weeks to a few months after campaign start to get worked in at an appropriate time (Assuming you don't get picked to fill one of the 2 open slots). If not, then good luck to you elsewhere. If you wouldn't mind that, then we'll figure out where/what level to work you in, and when I'm ready for you I'll give a note.

Last edited:

Remove ads